YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if the Moto X had a 2-day battery and wireless charging, it would be a pretty ideal phone IMO. But it would also be thicker & heavier, so I can understand why they didn't do it. Sounds like the Turbo is going to have more RAM than the Moto X, but I'm not sure how much you'd see practical benefits from it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if the Moto X had a 2-day battery and wireless charging, it would be a pretty ideal phone IMO. But it would also be thicker & heavier, so I can understand why they didn't do it. Sounds like the Turbo is going to have more RAM than the Moto X, but I'm not sure how much you'd see practical benefits from it.

Even a half millimeter thicker and imagine how much better the battery life could be on the X. I just don't get the race for thin. And neither did Droid buyers last year- I'm sure they sold a lot more Maxxes than Ultras.

Even the new iPhones would have been killer if they'd been as thick as the 5s and used the space for battery. (And they might not have bent as easily...)

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I read that Motorola trademarked "Moto Maxx" so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a sequel to the Moto X that offered a better battery.

Anyone who bought the OG Moto RAZR smartphone will probably remember that it was just a few short months after the RAZR's launch that the first gen RAZR Maxx was launched.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who bought the OG Moto RAZR smartphone will probably remember that it was just a few short months after the RAZR's launch that the first gen RAZR Maxx was launched.

That's right. That's also the Motorola that we all hated, that started selling phones and a few weeks later started selling a better version, well after the initial adopters could trade in for the better device. Let's hope that Motorola remains a thing of the past.

If I was a betting man, my bet is that if there is a Moto Maxx, it is the rumored Shamu device, with a 6" display, etc., and not just a better battery Moto X,

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That's right. That's also the Motorola that we all hated, that started selling phones and a few weeks later started selling a better version, well after the initial adopters could trade in for the better device. Let's hope that Motorola remains a thing of the past.

If I was a betting man, my bet is that if there is a Moto Maxx, it is the rumored Shamu device, with a 6" display, etc., and not just a better battery Moto X,

Yup, I was one of those buyers with an original Droid Razr, and really frustrated when they came out with the Maxx. That said, the Razr was still an excellent phone, and I'm really sad that mine got ruined. It would've been a great backup phone to my (Ultra) Maxx.

A larger display device Moto Maxx would make quite a bit of sense, though I'm not personally sold on a 6" display.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

I totally agree.

I was following Motorola pretty close back then because the Droid X was my first smartphone and I really loved it and was always looking for the next best thing. I remember the Bionic fiasco where it took forever for Motorola to launch the phone and then watched Motorola shaft the early adopters who bought the OG RAZR.

Concerning the trademark "Moto Maxx" you make an excellent point and I hope your bet is correct. To the extent Verizon will most likely not get the Shamu based Nexus 6 a "Moto Maxx" based on the Shamu might be a decent substitute. I just hope it has wireless charging - I don't know that I'd be willing to give that up on my current Droid Maxx when I get my next phone.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my Maxx and the kevlar back but just think having the option of moto maker would be sweet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers