how to change notification ding (FB messenger) on droid maxx?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i know how to change the notification sound whenever i receive a notification on FB (someone commenting on a comment that i commented on in a pic, etc....) but how do you change the notification sound on the FB messenger app when someone leaves you a message? it leaves an annoying ding. before the notification sound was the same as the the other one but now they are different and i can't figure out how to change it on my droid maxx.

please help.

thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
On my screen there's no option to change the sound, only to turn on/off.

I just installed the app (I've never used Facebook messaging for anything important so really don't need it). Tap the gear upper right, tap "notifications" and you can turn them on or off (though only for a finite amount of time, up to 24 hours), toggle previews, toggle vibration, led light and sound, then change the ringtones to whatever you want.

Ok, time to uninstall this junk...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find the ringtones ethier, I can find the notifications but it only says mute things???? Help me please

Open the Facebook Messenger app. Tap the gear icon top right. Tap the word "Notifications" (it should say that they are on). Tap the word "Ringtones" (it probably says "Messenger"). You can change the actual ringtone to something else from here.