i know how to change the notification sound whenever i receive a notification on FB (someone commenting on a comment that i commented on in a pic, etc....) but how do you change the notification sound on the FB messenger app when someone leaves you a message? it leaves an annoying ding. before the notification sound was the same as the the other one but now they are different and i can't figure out how to change it on my droid maxx.

please help.

thanks
    10-13-2014 12:14 AM
    Open messenger app, hit the gear icon in the top right, notifications and change what you need.

-Jason
    10-13-2014 06:09 AM
    Open messenger app, hit the gear icon in the top right, notifications and change what you need.

-Jason
    On my screen there's no option to change the sound, only to turn on/off.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX
    10-13-2014 08:22 PM
    On my screen there's no option to change the sound, only to turn on/off.
    I just installed the app (I've never used Facebook messaging for anything important so really don't need it). Tap the gear upper right, tap "notifications" and you can turn them on or off (though only for a finite amount of time, up to 24 hours), toggle previews, toggle vibration, led light and sound, then change the ringtones to whatever you want.

Ok, time to uninstall this junk...
    10-13-2014 09:32 PM
    I can't seem to find the ringtones ethier, I can find the notifications but it only says mute things???? Help me please
    03-15-2015 02:06 AM
    I can't seem to find the ringtones ethier, I can find the notifications but it only says mute things???? Help me please
    Open the Facebook Messenger app. Tap the gear icon top right. Tap the word "Notifications" (it should say that they are on). Tap the word "Ringtones" (it probably says "Messenger"). You can change the actual ringtone to something else from here.
    03-15-2015 06:11 AM
    You have to keep hitting the back arrow in the top left hand corner until you are to your friends then do what other people said.
    02-07-2016 10:47 AM