12-08-2014 11:49 AM
79 123 ...
tools
    Did anyone else get this? I just got the update pushed to my phone. Now my software (system) version is 23.3.24.

The notification didn't say what the change log consisted of. Anyone know anything about this?
    10-23-2014 01:42 PM
    I just got it to and was wondering what is was for..

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-23-2014 01:52 PM
    Just got the update myself.
    10-23-2014 01:57 PM
    I just got it too. I wondered the same thing. I was part of the last soak test so I already upgraded to Advanced Calling. (BTW I called and had that removed today, I was tired of dropping calls).

I'll be interested in finding out what this did. Hopefully it set my phone back to the way it was before the Advanced Calling soak because my battery is AWFUL now.
    10-23-2014 02:14 PM
    It probably includes the advanced calling update.
    10-23-2014 02:14 PM
    I just got it too. I wondered the same thing. I was part of the last soak test so I already upgraded to Advanced Calling. (BTW I called and had that removed today, I was tired of dropping calls).

I'll be interested in finding out what this did. Hopefully it set my phone back to the way it was before the Advanced Calling soak because my battery is AWFUL now.
    I was in the soak test but also had this update on my phone this morning. I am updating now.
    10-23-2014 02:15 PM

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola with Tapatalk.
    10-23-2014 02:15 PM

My battery was awful after the soak update, but I was able to figure out which app had gone rogue on me and I uninstalled it. Now my battery is back to normal.
    10-23-2014 02:16 PM
    So should we do a FDR? I hate doing that. It seems to take forever to get everything back the way it was, and that's when I take the time to make sure that I back everything up. Inevitably I end up forgetting something and kicking myself.
    10-23-2014 02:57 PM
    So should we do a FDR? I hate doing that. It seems to take forever to get everything back the way it was, and that's when I take the time to make sure that I back everything up. Inevitably I end up forgetting something and kicking myself.
    It seemed like a fluke I even found the culprit app but once I did and uninstalled it all was well and I took the factory reset off the table.

10-23-2014 03:04 PM
    I think this was a repeat advance calling update for people who elected to be in the soak test.
    10-23-2014 03:15 PM
    I'm usually at 79% this time of day. I'm at 58%. No rogue apps.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola with Tapatalk.
    10-23-2014 03:16 PM
    I was in the soak test but also had this update on my phone this morning. I am updating now.
    The soak test was 23.3.23, and this is 23.3.24, so they must have identified a problem in the soak and pushed a new update.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-23-2014 03:30 PM
    The battery performance over the last few updates has significantly decreased. I'm lucky to get a day now out of a single charge, I easily could do 2 days before. Really frustrating. Just waiting for my nexus now. Hope moto will push an update for batter performance, because this is no where near a 48hr battery like advertised when first launched...

Johnny Kay1 likes this.
    10-23-2014 04:35 PM
    I ran the tiny update and now I have the updated Play Store with Material Design. It could just be a coincidence.
    10-23-2014 05:09 PM
    I ran the tiny update and now I have the updated Play Store with Material Design. It could just be a coincidence.
    Could be. That's been rolling out for the last week or two. I still don't have it, though.
    10-23-2014 05:14 PM
    Same here. Just updated and now see the Play changes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    xweb10 likes this.
    10-23-2014 05:29 PM
    Is this update only for the soak users? No sign of anything on my Maxx. I am not part of the soak.

BTW, the Droid Maxx is back on the "Shop Compatible Phones" list on the Advanced Calling 1.0 page.
    10-23-2014 05:43 PM
    Is this update only for the soak users? No sign of anything on my Maxx. I am not part of the soak.
    I thinkk so. I don't have either update, either. Settings -> about phone ->system update - "You're phone is up to date".

I think this is still the soak test.
    10-23-2014 06:23 PM
    I got the Material Design in the Play Store yesterday so I don't think the two are related.
    10-23-2014 06:31 PM
    I just looked for the update and got the message "Check for update was not available at ths time."
    10-23-2014 08:05 PM
    Anyone else catch that when you power up the phone, it no longer says anything about being powered by Google, but now powered by Android?

I mean, we know the parent company of Motorola is no longer Google, but they didn't even go Lenovo. They went to "Android". Which isn't a big deal, but again, something I noticed.
    Johnny Kay1 likes this.
    10-23-2014 08:56 PM
    Anyone else catch that when you power up the phone, it no longer says anything about being powered by Google, but now powered by Android?

I mean, we know the parent company of Motorola is no longer Google, but they didn't even go Lenovo. They went to "Android". Which isn't a big deal, but again, something I noticed.
    Fwiw, The parent company of Motorola is still Google. The deal hasn't closed yet.
    10-23-2014 09:18 PM

Also, I believe "Powered by Android" is the preferred language in the agreements with OEMs relating to the usage of Play Services.

10-24-2014 12:34 AM
    Fwiw, The parent company of Motorola is still Google. The deal hasn't closed yet.
    Is there anything that's going to stop it at this point? I haven't seen anything that would, and news on that front has been quiet and nothing to indicate a cancelation of the deal.

Also, I believe "Powered by Android" is the preferred language in the agreements with OEMs relating to the usage of Play Services.

It also would jive with the new commercial airing with Andrew W.K.'s "Party Hard" playing in the background. I love that commercial.
    10-24-2014 01:20 AM
79 123 ...