Out of memory notices

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting notices that my phone is out of memory. When I click ok to close the message, I'm getting a page to update the system kernel. I don't know where this notice is coming from our even if it's official. The phone has plenty of physical storage space. Some applications are randomly crashing even though they haven't been accessed. For instance, I'll open the web browser and get a notice that NFL Mobile has crashed.

Posted via Android Central App

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done that. I think I can now determine what's happening. I'll occasionally access websta.me. Previously while browsing the site, or would randomly open Google play to a random app.

I would always just back out of it. Now what I think is happening is that the site is displaying fake out of memory messages, similar to how a website on a computer might display a fake virus warning to get someone to click a link to download what is ultimately malware.

Would be nice to figure out how to stop this out of memory message from appearing and how to get the site from opening the play store.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Would be nice to figure out how to stop this out of memory message from appearing and how to get the site from opening the play store.

They are ads presented by that Web site (I've seen those before on other, usually sketchy sites) and the best way to prevent them is to stop going to sites that show ads like that, and especially ones that take you to the play store to install some survey app or something. Any site that resorts to using ads like that isn't worth using, IMHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish