"Upgrading" to the Turbo

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to talk myself into the Turbo, but I am not sure it is an upgrade. My MAXX battery is getting a bit worse from usage over the past year, but it is not terrible. Turbo charging is nothing to me as I always use Qi, which the Turbo seems to be having slight issues with. Am I missing anything?

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The Turbo has newer hardware, it is slightly faster, it has a slightly better screen that is slightly bigger, and has a slightly better camera. Phone choices are personal in that everyone is looking for something different in what they feel is important. Everyone is going to have an opinion that is biased by what they want out of a phone. Determine if the Turbo has what is important to you and if it does than enjoy with no buyer remorse.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I still think the Maxx is good enough for me and it's not worth paying $600 or more to upgrade to a new phone right now. The Maxx gets me through a day, easily, and I still haven't found apps that I need and can't run on or run poorly on the Maxx. The Turbo looks great, but I can wait.

Qi is nice to have, not need to have, for me. I can live without it.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: "Upgrading" to the Turbo

I wanted the turbo but when it came down to it, the maxx does everything I need.
A device that is slightly better than what I have isn't worth the $600 price tag.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Upgrading" to the Turbo

Well, I just upgraded to the Turbo. The 50% off deal + $100 trade in did it for me. I will end up being about $405 out of pocket. I will try it out and see if I like it. Ill say one thing, it is really slippery compared to the MAXX! I went with the 64GB BN.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I still think the Maxx is good enough for me and it's not worth paying $600 or more to upgrade to a new phone right now. The Maxx gets me through a day, easily, and I still haven't found apps that I need and can't run on or run poorly on the Maxx. The Turbo looks great, but I can wait.

Qi is nice to have, not need to have, for me. I can live without it.

Of course the Maxx also works beautifully with the Qi charger. Honestly, I feel like the Turbo would be a step down simply because it's so bulky. I've always felt like the Maxx has a pretty sleek design for a phone with such a large battery. It's as fast as the day I bought it (actually since it was shipped to me as an insurance replacement for the Droid RAZR Maxx HD), and its display is great. A higher end display would only degrade the battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Of course the Maxx also works beautifully with the Qi charger. Honestly, I feel like the Turbo would be a step down simply because it's so bulky. I've always felt like the Maxx has a pretty sleek design for a phone with such a large battery. It's as fast as the day I bought it (actually since it was shipped to me as an insurance replacement for the Droid RAZR Maxx HD), and its display is great. A higher end display would only degrade the battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Maxx is a great device, probably the thinnest you'll see such a large battery device right now. I gave my maxx to a family plan member and took their upgrade to the Turbo.

The Turbo is a much nicer screen IMHO and faster. The extra size helps, and while its not revolutionary if you're coming from a Maxx its a good step to get you used to the inevitable 6" phone I'm sure we all will be using in the next few years.

I wouldn't pay full price from a Maxx. If you can get it for $200 or less its worth it though IMHO.

Posted via the Android Central App

Droid316

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I got the maxx just last week and it was free with a two year agreement but it's only the 16GB which sucks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
After a week or so of usage, I can definitively say it is an incremental upgrade to the MAXX. Speed seems slightly quicker and the screen is slightly clearer. That being said, there is no other phone out there I would upgrade to at this point in time. I love the Moto apps + battery life + Qi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney