Problems with indoor service

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing problems with indoor service. One location is where I work. As soon as I go inside, my data service becomes non-existant. I'll have Facebook messenger open and it immediately gets no service. Eventually the data services come back, but at 1x.

More recently, I was at another location (inside a store at a strip mall shopping center). I could only get 1x service, but the majority of the time, I had no service. I couldn't maintain a stable connection to get into Google play and download a speed test app.

After going outside, I still couldn't get service. I ended up having to walk a couple of blocks away and restarting phone to get service back.

I've reported the issue to Verizon along with the speed test result (15Mbps). Where I'm at now is with Verizon asking me to reset my phone.

I believe that this phone has a basic problem of not working inside unless I can find a Wi-Fi signal for data.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You're probably having issues on buildings built with steel frames, which can be like Faraday cages, preventing radio signals from entering the building.

I can confirm when you have no signal it can take a minute or two to reconnect to a signal. If you want to rush it, try toggling airplane mode on and then off.

Shilo777

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I recently upgraded to a Droid Maxx with many of the same issues you report. After 2 years of my old Razr Maxx HD working perfect I suddenly had a new phone that got horrible reception in my house. After hours of talking with tech support at Verizon I was instructed to return the phone and get a new one. After doing this, I still had the same problem. Just when I was about ready to give up on the Droid Maxx, I changed a setting on my phone that fixed the problem.....Go to Settings > More > Mobil Networks > VoLTE.....Change the VoLTE setting to "Off". This instantly fixed my poor phone reception.

The other morning I got the latest Verizon update on my phone. A short time later I got a phone call from someone and the reception was horrible again. I went into settings and found that the VoLTE setting was back to "On". As soon as I turned it to "Off" my reception was restored. Hope this works for you or any others who have experienced this frustration.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar