Please help....decision to make!

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
So I recently switched to Big Red from AT&T and purchased the G3. Its definitely a bad a$$ phone but a little big for my liking. What is the best alternative? I was looking at the Droid Maxx and it looks to have fairly above average specs. I did read somewhere that a lot of people have had problems with the charging port and the headphone jacks breaking/failing. Can anyone on here that has/had a Droid Maxx please chime in and tell me your thoughts/experience with the Maxx? Maybe pros/cons would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your time.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Love my Maxx, but you won't find a 32 gigabyte one anymore. You'll only find 16 gig version out there, and that leaves very little on board storage. You'll most likely use some sort of cloud or external for significant storage

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Love my Maxx, but you won't find a 32 gigabyte one anymore. You'll only find 16 gig version out there, and that leaves very little on board storage. You'll most likely use some sort of cloud or external for significant storage

I did notice that there are only 16gig versions out now. Unless you take your chances on CL, EBay or Swappa.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site

Although I do love the UI on the Maxx, as stated earlier I worry about the charging port and headphone jack. Others say it runs really laggy but I bet it will be a beast with Lollipop. I love the active notifications!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a problem with the USB port at all, and the Maxx supports Qi wireless charging if it does fail.

The headphone jack - mine still plays music fine, but no longer registers presses of the play/pause button, so I'm not surprised that others report problems. I switched to a nice set of bt earbuds a year ago and they work better than any wired earbuds ever did. Of course, bt drains battery more than wired buds do, but the maxx has a large battery, so it's not a problem at all.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any trouble with mine, but I tend to use Bluetooth headphones and a qi charger mostly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
And you can also move files, albeit less efficiently via wifi network interface. I find Nova launcher most accommodating compared to stock; plenty of options PLUS backup capabilities.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
And you can also move files, albeit less efficiently via wifi network interface. I find Nova launcher most accommodating compared to stock; plenty of options PLUS backup capabilities.
That's the launcher I use all the time. More than enough customization and options for everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz