Is there a kick me sticker on the back of the Maxx?

No I am being serious on this. For the kitkat bug fixes the Maxx rolled behind the HDs for support and we seem to be on the 8+ month support for lollipop.

I realise current phones get updated sooner *most* of the time. The model we are most hardware identical *coughs* the memory challenged Moto X for the same year just got the soak test so how far down the priority list is the Maxx for wanting more than 8 Gig of storage when it was released. Seriously if were going to be screwed tell us we will find other options and providers the next go round.
    bs5283 likes this.
    03-20-2015 07:57 PM
    So you can't wait to get an update with a known major bug. Interesting. The day someone puts 5.0-5.0.2 on my phone is the day I practice the unarmed combat skills I learned when I was property of the military. My phone works, and it doesn't have a memory leak. So of course I want to put an update with a memory leak on it as soon as possible. Next week I practice amputating my left leg. </sarcasm>
    03-20-2015 08:08 PM
    No, I just want more information than your phone and carrier is going to be updated. That lack of specifics is fine when lollipop is announced, but at the damn its what almost 6 months and depending on how you view things a stable revision below it. I've in the whole Release.Revision.bugfix numbers game since the 80s so 5.1.XX means they have supposedly got the obvious crap out of things and should be able to say when everything is going to trickle down. I know I am completely out of line for this attitude since I've paid for the hardware, they're only holding it hostage.

And yes I want it to work. I do 99% of my work in crap you don't want to see. I am property of the oil and gas exploration companies I work in the hind tit of the world where any sort of phone coverage sucks and run thru battery power like its candy because verizon won't code anything but a busy loop omfg I don't have service, check, check again, *panic*, repeat.
    03-20-2015 08:22 PM
    The 2012 Droids were updated to KitKat last year in may. Yes, the one year older model is down the priority list. The turbo doesn't have Lollipop yet - the Maxx won't get it until after the turbo.

Motorola and Verizon won't communicate more than they have. That's just the way it is. They aren't going to change.

If you don't like it, buy a phone from a company that does communicate update schedules. The only company I know that does is Apple. Maybe Microsoft as well. These companies will only change when you affect their revenue stream.
    03-21-2015 07:05 AM
    My friend, I feel for you. But the Turbo still hasn't gotten it yet either. I blame Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 12:12 PM
    They don't have Lollipop really smoothed out on the Nexus devices yet. Very few phones have it. I think they're trying to avoid sending out updates that are half baked. I don't think we can blame Verizon yet.
    03-24-2015 01:59 PM
    I would agree with you but the Moto Maxx and the Moto Turbo (Both are international versions of the Droid Turbo), have Lollipop running on then. Hell, the Moto Turbo comes out of the box with Lollipop.

03-25-2015 08:34 AM
    I would agree with you but the Moto Maxx and the Moto Turbo (Both are international versions of the Droid Turbo), have Lollipop running on then. Hell, the Moto Turbo comes out of the box with Lollipop.

Huh? The Turbo and Maxx are both still on Kitkat 4.4.4.
    03-25-2015 11:47 AM
    Huh? The Turbo and Maxx are both still on Kitkat 4.4.4.
    He's talking about the Moto Maxx, an international UMTS version of the Droid Turbo. It's been on Lollipop for a while now. And now there is a different Moto Turbo, I think in India only? Something like that.
    03-25-2015 12:00 PM
    He's talking about the Moto Maxx, an international UMTS version of the Droid Turbo. It's been on Lollipop for a while now. And now there is a different Moto Turbo, I think in India only? Something like that.
    Ah.
    03-25-2015 01:07 PM
    You are right. I suspect that 95% of the delay is Verizon not talking to anyone else where it will effect their ads revenues that are the major stumbling blocks in getting a working lollipop out on either the ultra, mini, maxx or turbo. The problem is all the crap being put on the phones that keep the phone we are paying for from being our phone. This is slowing the update of all devices down and furthering the fragmentation of the android OS.

As for buying an apple phone I may just have to, at least things update there and aside from their zero day issues on why to never use an iphone for an alarm clock they're rather rock solid and all my paid apps are supported there.

There is a stumbling block here tripping things up moving forward, so please tell me who it is. I vote verizon over motorola and google, but you are welcome to go and say who's making this worse.

I DO want a working phone. I have a screwed up phone, both under all the patches and after factory reseting the phone. I don't view a phone that I have to reset every 4 or so calls under either to 'correct' blah X has crashed to be workable. That is the same crap that pissed people off with microsoft windows so why should I worship the ground of oh this is the best it can be and merrily accept I'm to bend over and cough from now until *gasp* an update occurs that corrects everything fixed in the last 6+ months screwed up by... I dunno who does code the default contacts and dialer on my phone that doesn't work. Oh yeah. Verizon.

Can we get the carrier out of the hardware and the software except where they actually *know* what they're doing and are making the device better?
    04-29-2015 07:11 PM
    I would have prefered to ask a simple question in email but that doesn't seem to be all that possible here.

I do have a few points with you commenting in this thread on devices NOT supported or available to your carrier.

Who does grant you God like powers to say anything on a device not carried by AT&T nor for that matter supported in any way shape or form by them?

Thanks. Fire at will.

My specific comments were aimed at older smart phones updating sooner, yes this has happened droid maxx HD jumped well ahead of the Droid Maxx on KK 4.4 :P

All I have seen in past 6 months for this phone is patches that adversely affected how my phone performs and reboots on its own. Why should I not be frustrated and demanding that the device be at least as functional as when I purchased it.
    04-29-2015 07:25 PM