How do I delete a contacts phone number that has copied over 300 times at one time?

A

AC Question

how to delete a contact phone number that has copied over 300 times at one time

My Verizon maxx droid copied a single contact over 300 times need to delete all at once without deleting all my contacts

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: how to delete a contact phone number that has copied over 300 times at one time

If these are all synced with Google, you should be able to go into Google Contacts on a computer browser and merge duplicates there. If you really want to do it on the phone, there are third party apps that allow you to manage contacts better than the People app on the Maxx, and I think that Simpler Contacts may be just what you want: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.simpler.contacts&token=irSJjYFx

Once you have your contacts right you can probably uninstall the app, too. It works with the same contacts store as the People app.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they're not on Google Contacts, export your contacts to a file, them import that file to your Google account. Go to Google Contacts with a browser (it's easier on a laptop or desktop) More/Merge, then clean the list up. Sync the phone and you should be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital