Bluetooth issues, not constant, disconnets - solved (I think)

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I received my replacement Pebble watch I have had issues with my weather watchfaces updating. I have an Android phone. The weather temperature would be stuck at the wrong temperature and would not refresh as it should. I thought it might be the Bluetooth connection but the Pebble app always said Bluetooth was connected. So I have been searching the internet for help. I *think* I have found the solution and wanted to share what worked for me in case anyone else has this issue. The solution was found for the iPhone but I followed the same procedure for my Android phone and so far so good.

Basically you have to pair your Pebble watch to Bluetooth BEFORE you install the Pebble app. I know, it tells you to do it the other way around. I uninstalled the Pebble app and factory reset my Pebble. Next I powered both devices off and rebooted. Then I paired my Pebble with my phone successfully. After that was done I installed the Pebble app. I haven't had the issue with updates for the weather since and it has been about 24 hrs now.

You see when I received my replacement Pebble the app was already on my phone from my previous Pebble. All I did at that time was pair it and I have had issues ever since.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! Do you think it's primarily because you paired your replacement Pebble with a preexisting Pebble app on your phone, or do you know of other people who had the same issue who didn't have to go through the replacement process?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I never had that issue with my Pebble when I used it, but I'm glad you got it solved. That sounds like it was pretty annoying.

My Pebble also stopped working. I had the Kickstarter edition, and, frankly, I think it was poorly made. I decided not to bother getting it repaired.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1