My Motorola Droid Razr Maxx fell off my bed and the screen cracked from the bottom left to the top right. I have kids with phones that have worse cracks in their screens then this, but because of this crack the Google Now crap keeps popping up and interrupting anything that I do... I can't search, go to my settings, or even play a game on this thing. Every time I do that google button pops up and the phone starts flipping out... Is their anyone having this problem, if so is their some way to stop it without taking the phone in and having it repaired? Also if you are having the same problem post things that you have tried so we can try to prevent each other from doing the same stuff over and over...

Thing's I have tried

- turning off the screen rotation
    - putting a new screen protector on it (yes it broke with a screen protector on it)
    - changing the google now to work only when you hold the button
    - factory reset (first thing I tried)
    04-25-2015 07:58 AM
    I'm afraid that repair is your only option. While a lot of these devices work even when the glass is cracked, it's not actually the screen that is cracked just the glass/digitizer that covers it, with the damage as you've described it sounds like you've effectively cut off a large portion of your screen. Where the two halves meet there it is probably getting some intermittent input causing the erratic behavior. You could look up the digitizer replacement on YouTube to see where that particular one connects to the motherboard, right side, left side, top, bottom, and try pressing on the opposite/dead side of the break to see if you can alleviate the interference. I don't mean go crazy or anything just a little wiggle should do it. This may help you limp through for awhile, but my guess is even if you can stop the erratic behavior that portion of the screen is going to be dead because it is effectively cut off from the connection to the motherboard. If you don't have insurance there's a video for everything on YouTube, and changing the digitizer is one of the easier things to replace yourself. That's not to say it's cake, but I've had to replace a few things and of them that was the easiest, for me.
    04-25-2015 08:21 AM