Why is my Motorolla Droid Maxx battery nose diving at 60?

A

AC Question

Motorolla Droid Maxx Battery Nose Diving at 60%

This issue has gotten out of hand and I'm reaching out hoping that someone can help. I have had my Maxx for a little over a year now. About a month ago I noticed the battery began to die around 8 PM. Now it's dying by 11:30 AM every day. When I look at the battery life in settings, it takes a nose dive at about 60% showing only Screen and OS as the main consumers of this battery (screen grab attached if I can figure out how to do that).

Is there any way this isn't hardware related?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorolla Droid Maxx Battery Nose Diving at 60%

This issue has gotten out of hand and I'm reaching out hoping that someone can help. I have had my Maxx for a little over a year now. About a month ago I noticed the battery began to die around 8 PM. Now it's dying by 11:30 AM every day. When I look at the battery life in settings, it takes a nose dive at about 60% showing only Screen and OS as the main consumers of this battery (screen grab attached if I can figure out how to do that).

Is there any way this isn't hardware related?

Easiest way to tell would be a factory reset and not reinstall any apps for a day or so afterward, but just use the stock apps, and see how battery life is. That would most likely eliminate the likelihood of some errant app causing the drain.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Motorolla Droid Maxx Battery Nose Diving at 60%

It could be that the battery circuitry is mis-calibrated. Here is what I would try, to rule out just a crapped-out battery:

- run the phone uncharged until it will no longer turn on by itself. (It's possible it will just shut down.)
- plug in the phone using either the stock charger, plugged into the wall, and the stock cable, and charge it for at least 6 hours without using the phone. Overnight, obviously, would be perfect for this.
- that should fully charge it, but, just to be sure, unplug the phone and then plug it back in again for at least 30 minutes.

See if the battery behaves the same way. If yes, I would guess that the battery is bad. However, maybe it will fix the problem...