Why do I have ads popping up and playing randomly when I open my Driod Maxx?

A

AC Question

Ads pop up and Play randomly opens-Driod Maxx

I got my Droid Maxx back in March and over the past few weeks, Google Play will randomly open to a game, chrome opens with various messges (Andirod requires upgrade Internal memory has been seriously overused, upgrade phone battery module, various game apps). I've been seraching various threads on here, deleting apps, and downloading Lookout Ad Newtork Defender and nothing is solving the problem. Can someone provide some help? I'm not very phone savvy but this is annoying!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ads pop up and Play randomly opens-Driod Maxx

Welcome to Android Central! There's definitely some adware at work. Do the popups only occur while browsing Chrome, or do they also occur on the homescreen or in other apps?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You may just have to do a factory reset. Backup or sync your data first. Also go to Settings>Backup & Reset​, and turn off the "Automatic Restore" option. After the factory reset and after finishing the setup wizard, go directly to Google Play Store and stop any app from reinstalling. Now start reinstalling your apps one by one, checking in between to see if that behavior restarts.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

There's a good chance it's related to an app that's installed. I would remove any apps that aren't from major companies or have an established good reputation. If that doesn't work, then it's factory reset time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678