When synced with Honda Civic 2012 I can not hear Google Maps nav through the car bluethooth. How can I accomplish this?

dlwgolf

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
When synced with Honda Civic 2012 I can not hear google maps nav through the car bluethooth.

I have a Droid Maxx X8 mobile computing system, System Ver: 23.3.24.okbake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US .. I read all the A2DP compatibility, set media on / off and, do not mute google maps etc.. and nothing seems to work except for deleting the pair with the car and using my blue tooth or speaker phone.

This is quite inconvenient. My Dad has the same issue with Ford Sync. Any thoughts.

Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: When synced with Honda Civic 2012 I can not hear google maps nav through the car bluethooth.

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that you went to Settings>Bluetooth, tapped the settings for the car system, and made sure Media Audio is checked on?

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: When synced with Honda Civic 2012 I can not hear google maps nav through the car bluethooth.

I have a Droid Maxx X8 mobile computing system, System Ver: 23.3.24.okbake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US .. I read all the A2DP compatibility, set media on / off and, do not mute google maps etc.. and nothing seems to work except for deleting the pair with the car and using my blue tooth or speaker phone.

This is quite inconvenient. My Dad has the same issue with Ford Sync. Any thoughts.

Regards

Same for me with Ford sync. Google play music plays through the car Bluetooth just fine, but no Google maps audio. Also, the Assist feature that reads texts to you doesn't play through Bluetooth either. That's the one I really want. Many times the sync system in my car doesn't recognize that I got a new text so I can't have the sync system read me the message.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Go into the assist app. Tap the menu control top right, then settings. Tap audio troubleshooting, then set to alternate channel.

See if that helps.

dlwgolf

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

I will do that and report back for the benefit of everyone.

Regards

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I did not know about the setting in Assist. In my Hyundai I use an app called AudioBT Plus which allows Google Maps to override the current audio being played with voice instructions. It works really well and with multiple phones.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

The setting for assist is solely for the problem of the assist app to allow reading of texts over bt. It's not for the maps issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

BTW, just to ask the question, are you using the Maxx to play media over BT to the car's audio system at the time you are navigating, or using a different audio source? If you are using a different source (i.e., tuner, satellite radio, etc.), does changing to playing media from the phone to the car fix the issue?

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I am pretty sure that when I use my Maxx with the Ford Sync in my Focus ST... to hear any of the audio whether it be Google Maps directions or the reading of incoming texts I have to hit the button on the steering wheel and say "bluetooth audio" then it comes through fine. But when you switch back to radio or anything else you can no longer hear the maps audio unless you tell it to switch back to bluetooth audio. I can't verify that for sure right now because I am on travel in AK and don't have access to my car. I wish there was a way to hear the directions and text information at the same time as other sources but unfortunately I don't believe you can.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Try the AudioBT app I mentioned, you can get a trial in play store. It basically simulates an incoming call over Bluetooth to play voice prompts while music is placing from XM, USB etc.. on your car stereo.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dlwgolf

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

My goal is to play back through the Sync in the Honda and Ford, i.e., car speakers. I can say when I use my LG740 bluetooth it all works as expected. When used with the car bluetooth sync I only get calls and no sound for google maps at all.

Thanks so much..

dlwgolf

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

I am not playing media through the phone or in general. I am radio or cd listener.

Thanks so much

dlwgolf

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

I will try this..

Thanks so much!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I am not playing media through the phone or in general. I am radio or cd listener.

Right, that's the issue in my experience. The source has to be set to play BT audio from the device for the sound to play through the system. But, that AudioBT app sounds like a great find.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Right, that's the issue in my experience. The source has to be set to play BT audio from the device for the sound to play through the system. But, that AudioBT app sounds like a great find.

I might check out that app as well, but for me, using Ford sync, even when I'm on the Bluetooth audio source Assist still won't speak to me when I get a text. Doesn't matter if I'm listening to music on the phone (google play music) via Bluetooth or not - it just simply won't speak. It seems that if it is connected to Bluetooth it should work.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I might check out that app as well, but for me, using Ford sync, even when I'm on the Bluetooth audio source Assist still won't speak to me when I get a text. Doesn't matter if I'm listening to music on the phone (google play music) via Bluetooth or not - it just simply won't speak. It seems that if it is connected to Bluetooth it should work.

Did you try changing this setting?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4468456

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I wish there was a way to hear the directions and text information at the same time as other sources but unfortunately I don't believe you can.

For directions anyway, the latest Google Maps now has a setting that controls that. Maps, tap the menu control top left of the search bar, then settings, navigation settings, turn off "Play voice over Bluetooth".