DROID MAXX - Picture Resolution

terdallaujar

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Searching for possible solution:

When photos are taken on my Droid Maxx (not rooted), I have them auto uploaded to Dropbox. This process takes quite a while because the resolution of the pictures is so large. I have not been able to find a way to change the resolution size on the phone itself. After upload I can change the resolution. I really like the stock camera app (other than not being able to change resolution) I am looking for a way to change the resolution before upload. Thoughts?

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Searching for possible solution:

When photos are taken on my Droid Maxx (not rooted), I have them auto uploaded to Dropbox. This process takes quite a while because the resolution of the pictures is so large. I have not been able to find a way to change the resolution size on the phone itself. After upload I can change the resolution. I really like the stock camera app (other than not being able to change resolution) I am looking for a way to change the resolution before upload. Thoughts?

Thanks!
You need to change the resolution within the camera settings. This will lower the resolution of the image when taken, and can be uploaded faster. Otherwise, you can probably use another app to compress the image size...but that's basically the same thing except you are taking an extra step before uploading.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
As he said, there are no options in the camera app to lower resolution, except 10 mp wide-screen or 4:3 standard at 7.8 mp.

You'll have to use another camera app or perhaps switch to a different card upload app, such as Google photos, which has options to upload at lower resolution (Google photos allows free, uncapped uploads at what they call high quality vs. original resolution.)

terdallaujar

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for responding. The Droid Maxx does not give you the option to change the resolution unfortunately. Oh well, I will have to find me a different camera app. thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol