How do I fully root a Motorola Droid Maxx with Android 4.4.4?

A

AC Question

How to fully root a Motorola droid maxx with android 4.4.4

I had used kingo root to root the phone and it said root successful, but then when i got xposed i couldn't download the framework. Did i half root it, not full root it?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to fully root a Motorola droid maxx with android 4.4.4

I just ordered a Droid Maxx as a backup phone. It's the original 32gb that Verizon initially sold. Assuming it comes out of the box with either Jellybean or KitKat, is it possible to root this phone?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I just ordered a Droid Maxx as a backup phone. It's the original 32gb that Verizon initially sold. Assuming it comes out of the box with either Jellybean or KitKat, is it possible to root this phone?

If it comes with Jellybean or KitKat 4.4, the best way to root is to unlock the bootloader with the Sunshine app, and then you can install a third party recovery and root the phone easily with that.

SunShine S-Off / Unlock - Motorola & HTC Bootloader Unlock

If it comes with KitKat 4.4.4, you can only root with this terrible looking (to me) method: Droid Mini/Maxx/Ultra Root / XPosed / BusyBo… | Motorola Droid Ultra | XDA Forums

Nido221

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

If it comes with Jellybean or KitKat 4.4, the best way to root is to unlock the bootloader with the Sunshine app, and then you can install a third party recovery and root the phone easily with that.

SunShine S-Off / Unlock - Motorola & HTC Bootloader Unlock

If it comes with KitKat 4.4.4, you can only root with this terrible looking (to me) method: Droid Mini/Maxx/Ultra Root / XPosed / BusyBo… | Motorola Droid Ultra | XDA Forums

The latest Sun Shine v 3.2.6 says
'We currently support most HTC phones, and Droid Turbo, Moto X (2014), Moto X (2013), MotoG (2013) and Droid Maxx/Mini/Ultra on Android 4.4.3 and lower'.

As for as I understands it means that unlocking is possible only at 4.4.3 and lower???
Any help in this regard appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nido221

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

It is not possible to unlock at 4.4.4?

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The system partition is non-writeable, so it won't permanently root. If you have the latest version OTA from Motorola, I'm afraid that there is no way to root the phone permanently. If your version is older, there are ways. If it is old enough (version 4.2.2 I think), you can use Sunshine: SunShine S-Off / Unlock - Motorola & HTC Bootloader Unlock

You can at least try - it won't charge you the $25 unless it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63