I have a Droid Maxx and I keep getting a camera busy. camera unable to start. help please, what should I do?

A

AC Question

i have a droid maxx and i keep getting a camera busy. camera unable to start. help please

the camera will not work

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: i have a droid maxx and i keep getting a camera busy. camera unable to start. help please

Try it in Safe Mode. A third-party app may be causing trouble.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: i have a droid maxx and i keep getting a camera busy. camera unable to start. help please

also check you don't have a flashlight app running in the back round. press the button to the right of the home screen button and close the app

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

If its not either of those things, the last thing to try is to back up all of your photos and videos and etc. and do a factory data reset. If the camera is still problematic after that, it's a hardware failure and time for a new phone.

NewDad09

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I've been having the same issue for at least a month now. If you look at the reviews for the Motorola Camera app and filter by your device you'll see that it's a common issue. I may try a factory reset but I haven't gotten around to it. This has led me to believe that it's a software problem rather than hardware. I've been holding out hope that the Lollipop upgrade would resolve it but who knows when (or if) that will ever come. I loved this phone but will never again buy anything that requires upgrades to go through carriers. I would appreciate any tips if someone has found a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech