Widgets not working

newbeginning828

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't really pinpoint an exact time, a few weeks definitely, but my widgets don't work. None of them. If I restart they work for maybe half an hour and then stop updating. I tried clearing cache partition & that didn't work. I'm using Google launcher. I hoped when Google updated it would help but no luck. Any suggestions, short of fdr? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That never happened to me, though I never used too many widgets. My suggestions, though?

- Try removing the widgets and then put them back
- If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the Google Now launcher and then reinstall it
- If that doesn't help, try another launcher? Action Launcher is pretty good, has the same layout as the Now launcher (starts with only one page, you add more by dragging icons or widgets to a new page, etc.), and you can try it out for free, if you don't want to pay ($5) for the advanced features.

newbeginning828

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That never happened to me, though I never used too many widgets. My suggestions, though?

- Try removing the widgets and then put them back
- If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the Google Now launcher and then reinstall it
- If that doesn't help, try another launcher? Action Launcher is pretty good, has the same layout as the Now launcher (starts with only one page, you add more by dragging icons or widgets to a new page, etc.), and you can try it out for free, if you don't want to pay ($5) for the advanced features.

You were very correct wise sir... It is Google launcher, widgets seem to be working on the stock launcher. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google launcher with no luck. Now I have to decide whether to bother trying to fix or just hang on til I decide on my next phone... Decisions decisions

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk