Would I be able to use a prepaid plan on an old verizon droid maxx?

A

AC Question

The phone was given to me by a friend who couldn't afford to pay the bill anymore. It's been marked, so would it be possible to change the security code?
The phone uses a nano sim card, and the card I'd be using is a micro sim from a verizon prepaid plan.
I've heard that it's possible to cut them down, but I don't know if it would even work if I did.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you mean that the phone's been blacklisted, then no, I don't believe you can change that.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I just checked and the phone is not blacklisted.
So is there anything special I'd have to do in order to use it?

While I cannot tell you from experience, since Verizon sells the almost identical Droid Mini and the newer Droid Turbo as prepaid phones, it should absolutely work. They also allow you to order a SIM to "bring your own" Verizon phone, which the Droid Maxx definitely is.

You could cut the SIM down to nano size - there are kits you can buy to do just that - but it seems easier just to bring the phone to a Verizon store and see if they can give you a new Nano sim for your account. That way if it doesn't work you can go back to whichever phone you are using now (with a new micro SIM).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power