Droid Maxx silently rebooting and cc.Motorola.com

cile01

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
My 2 year old Droid Maxx with 4.4.4 has started silently rebooting at least twice a day and receiving the error message cc.Motorola.com has stopped working. This began after the update approx. 3 weeks ago when Google apps were all updated.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix.

Also, could someone explain what cc.Motorola.com has to do with anything?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
First, I have never seen this on my Maxx, so I have no personal experience. But I did a quick Google search of com.motorola.ccc (which I believe is the proper format) and I saw two possible fixes for this:

- a while ago, people had an issue with an update to the Google app. So, you can try going into the Play Store, my apps, and scroll down to the Google app, tap it and tap "uninstall updates". You will eventually get another update, but this will also wipe data on the Google app, which may be what solves the problem.

- com.motorola.ccc apparently has something to do with the Motorola Update Service. So, if the uninstall of the Google app doesn't solve the issue, try going into settings / apps, slide to the "All" tab, scroll and look for and tap "Motorola Update Service". If you can tap the "clear data" button, do so (and then restart the phone). If not, try tapping "uninstall updates" and, again, restart the phone.

See if one of those works.

Last edited:

cile01

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
OK, uninstalled updates for Google. Phone still rebooted and auto update reinstalled Google's updates. So that isn't the culprit.

Motorola Update Service won't let me clear data or disable. Both greyed out.

Soooooooooo, booted into safe mode. The phone did fine for approx 14 hrs. I then left safe mode to access some of my most used downloaded apps.

I guess I will be removing downloaded apps in groups of 5 or so to see which one is the problem. Might take some time :).

If I find the app causing the problem I will post.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm on the right track.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan. If you're rebooting twice a day, it may not take long to find a culprit.

One other app to check in settings / apps is Motorola Checkin. The data usage of that app can get high. I know that you can tap the "clear data" button in that app in settings / apps.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and never did find the culprit... I took the phone back into Verizon and it was still under warranty so they gave me a new phone........

I had that phone 5 weeks short of a year and it started doing the same reboot thing.......

I just got rid of it and got a Samsung 7 Edge...

Two times is enough for me even though I really like my Moto.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12