Play Store won't load

The Davises

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess this is somewhat of a common problem from all the posts on the internet. All of a sudden last night, I was unable to open Play Store. It would open for a split second and then revert back to the screen I was opening it from.

I've tried some of the things mentioned on different threads but nothing seems to work. Also, on boot I get a message "Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped working".

Can you tell me how to correct this?

Also, I cannot seem to find download manager.

Thank you for your help.
Pat

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess this is somewhat of a common problem from all the posts on the internet. All of a sudden last night, I was unable to open Play Store. It would open for a split second and then revert back to the screen I was opening it from.

I've tried some of the things mentioned on different threads but nothing seems to work. Also, on boot I get a message "Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped working".

Thank you for your help.
Pat
Go to system settings > applications > play store and clear the app cache for the play store. See if that helps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Magnus beat me to it.... Best shot though. Perhaps Force stop after clearing. Wait a few seconds then reopen.

The Davises

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I cleared and forced stop. That did not work. It stays on maybe a split second longer and then reverts to the original screen.
I also rebooted the phone. The error message shows up, twice. And it still will not work.

The Davises

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I found the fix on another website!

Go to Settings/Apps and scroll to ALL. Touch the menu screen in the top right corner and touch "Reset All Apps"

Yay. I'm working again!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings/Apps and scroll to ALL. Touch the menu screen in the top right corner and touch "Reset All Apps"

Yay. I'm working again!

What is sad is I have that memo in Keep. Forgot to look at that...

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Alex Kraus

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Is this for the Samsung Galaxy S2? My Google Play Store wont update apps and my gallery keeps freezing and not loading pictures. I am reluctant to hard reset cause I cant get back everything on my phone :/ any advice?

Gerhard Beyers

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

Yay. I'm working again!

I actually went to settings but I do not know where to find apps.... I have a s4 mini I have application manager and default application but there is no menu in thend top right corner I have litter lay tried everything but I'm in Google play for like a second and it says it stopped please help

Last edited by a moderator:

d828

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I too had to uninstall the Google Play Updates for my Google Play to work again. The other recommendations did not work for my Samsung S7 Edge. Thank you for posting these solutions and this specific one.

James Sorce

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Re: Play Store won't load:

Thank you for your help.
Pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance