Delete Multiple Emails

07mk

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
In the Gmail app, tap the box at the left of each email to select it. That box will generally have a pic of the sender if they're in your contacts, or just a large letter of the 1st letter of the sender's name if they're not in your contacts. Once you select the ones you want, you can delete them with a button at the top.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
In the non-GMail client, a long press does the same thing, and once in that mode you can select multiple emails. I'm relatively new to the Android world (long-time BlackBerry user) and I've already learned to never underestimate the potential of a long press :)

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

tall.jay

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I'm late to the conversation. You seem to have a handle on this. I purposely keep my gmails on multiple devices. In order to delete from Moto X you suggest using the non-Gmail client. Too technical for me. What app do you suggest?

Thank you,
Jay H

lnnnrlz

May 31, 2015
Visit site
In the Gmail app, tap the box at the left of each email to select it. That box will generally have a pic of the sender if they're in your contacts, or just a large letter of the 1st letter of the sender's name if they're not in your contacts. Once you select the ones you want, you can delete them with a button at the top.

lnnnrlz

May 31, 2015
Visit site
In the Gmail app, tap the box at the left of each email to select it. That box will generally have a pic of the sender if they're in your contacts, or just a large letter of the 1st letter of the sender's name if they're not yin your contacts. Once you select the ones you want, you can delete them with a button at the top.
I used to have the boxes and after an update I don't. How else can this be done

geoffsri

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S4 with Android ver 5.01. On the Verizon Network, I am using Comcast. net as my EMail carrier. I have found a way to delete Multiple EMails.
Open EMail icon LONG press the Email. A box will appear to the left of each email and on today, last week, last 30days, check the box next to the email you want to delete and the long press the trash can icon at the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781