droid mini won't turn on

Jeff Smith13

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
My Motorola mini turned off by itself today and I can't turn it back on. It had plenty of battery prior to turning off. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

sdweberg

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
This just happened to me, thought I was gonna have to go to the Verizon store. But here is what worked for me.

I carefully removed the small SIM card, by using my fingernail under the volume control buttons. (Hold the phone with the screen facing up, and make sure you notice how the SIM sits in the tiny container as you pull it out.) I left it out for like 10 minutes, not sure if any certain length of time is necessary. Then I carefully slid the SIM back into the phone, making sure it was not slipping out of the little container as I pushed it back in. Finally, I held the power button down for a few seconds until I saw the Motorola logo come on, and the phone booted up normally. (Note that I tried several times to power it on first, and then I had left my phone off for about an hour before I tried the above.)

Good luck to all of you who end up having this same glitch!!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My brother's Droid Mini had a similar issue. He checked the weather and put it back in his pocket. After that, it started kind of a bootloop, without booting. What happened was it would vibrate for a second and the screen would turn on, but it was blank. It would stay on for about 5-10 seconds, then turn off for around 15-20 seconds, and repeat. Removing the Sim card didn't help, nor pressing the power button and volume up button (simulating a battery pull). If you pressed the power button to turn on the screen, the led would flash red a few times.

I called a local repair shop and they were adamant that it was water damage. The only problem was it wasn't anywhere near any water and the weather right now is extremely dry. We bought it used and he figured it must've been sold after the water damage, but it's run fine for about 4-5 months. But he wouldn't budge on that being the solution.

So I called Motorola, and the tech had me hold down the power and volume down buttons for 2 minutes, after which the screen appeared that let's you select recovery, factory, etc. But the phone was too low on battery and powered off. So he instructed me to put it on the charger for a few hours and then do a wipe of the partition chache. After it was on the charger for about 15 minutes I heard the startup sound. I did clear the partition cache and it's been running fine ever since.

I don't know if this is the same issue as what the OP is experiencing, but I figured I'd put this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

MellyC82

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for the info! I held down the power and volume buttons all together and it turned back on. It was a relief to find out that it's just a resolvable glich and not that my phone broke.

jordan steuber

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
My phone is doing the same thing so i tried that and it didn't work like what so ever i charged it for 10 hours straight and still nothing it wont work what do i do??:confused: