Random Reboots

gmsmith

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Since activating my phone yesterday morning my phone has rebooted no less then 4 times while sitting on the table and one during a phone call. Anyone else having this issue?

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Since activating my phone yesterday morning my phone has rebooted no less then 4 times while sitting on the table and one during a phone call. Anyone else having this issue?

Mine has done this twice today >.< I wasn't using it at the time and I probably never would have known if it weren't for the annoying "Droid" noise when it reboots....

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled ADW Launcher and uninstalled a battery life widget (this widget seemed to be draining my battery as well) and I'll report back on my findings :)

gmsmith

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After starting from scratch with a new gmail account and continued reboots VZW is replacing the phone. New one should arrive tomorrow. Here is hoping...

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
it's been over 48 hours for me....I'm thinking it was "SetCPU" for root that was making mine reboot, because ever since I deleted that it has been smooth sailing....

patotong#AC

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled ADW Launcher and uninstalled a battery life widget (this widget seemed to be draining my battery as well) and I'll report back on my findings :)

hello, noobie here! i'm having the same auto reboot --

hi, brina042, what is the adw launcher? and on another message you said something about the SETCPU...what is that

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
ADW Launcher is a "skin" of sorts that makes the phone more customizable as far as looks go. I downloaded it from the market. SETCPU is an application that can be used on rooted phones to speed up or slow down the phones processor. I was using it to slow it down in order to get more battery life out of my phone. What apps have you downloaded to the phone?

patotong#AC

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
thanks, brina042 ... just a couple - watchdog lite, and a game for my son, paper toss. since i do not have a rooted phone, the SETCPU does not apply....

patotong#AC

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
by the way, regarding auto reboot:

i had mine hard reset, restarted with my set up, and 17 hours later, no reboot yet....it might needed that hard reset.

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
by the way, regarding auto reboot:

i had mine hard reset, restarted with my set up, and 17 hours later, no reboot yet....it might needed that hard reset.

It's been about 4 days since a random reboot for me and most of the time a reset is all it takes :D

Dilbert

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I would never have believed it but driving home tonight I look over and my Pro is re-booting for no apparent reason at all. Wasn't being used at all......this is very weird. I don't use SetCPU or ADW Launcher so I have no idea what caused it. I did root my phone a few days ago so I could remove the obnoxious 'droooooid' voice when the phone boots up. Anyone else having random re-boots???

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine has rebooted twice since the 19th of November. Not sure what caused it but overall seems quite stable. Are these auto-reboots or something wrong with the device?