Is this a Pro with what looks like a trackpad....

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
on the back? I was just about to order it from Wirefly since its only $50/2 yr contract and decided to click on the picture gallery and they have this picture of the back of it. The color of the back cover is also blue as opposed to gray and that gray square looks like some of those trackpads on the back of other Motorola phones like the Spice.... I just thought it was weird.

59320_31_9.jpg
59320_31_10.jpg

Here is the one we have all seen.....

Verizon-Wireless-Motorola-Droid-Pro.jpg

Last edited:

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking its just a custom battery cover without the Moto, Verizon, or Google logos. Then again, if you gonna erase those logos, why the gray square??? LOL

slcmomof3

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont know what it is but the silicone case I received with my phone from vzw on 11/12 has a cut out on the back for it and it drives me crazy because there is no reason for it

subneil

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Droid Pro with trackpad

I have a Droid Pro that has a trackpad just like the one in the picture. The one I have is some sort of an unreleased version. It is fully functional, except for the trackpad. I think perhaps Motorola intended to put on in but then pulled it from the design. I can't find any setting to turn the trackpad on.

The keyboard is also different, with domed keys more like a Motorola Cliq than the more Blackberry-style ridged keys on the production Droid Pro.

What's funny is that I just picked up a silicone case from the Verizon Wireless store (couldn't find any online) and there is a cut out for the trackpad!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I have a Droid Pro that has a trackpad just like the one in the picture. The one I have is some sort of an unreleased version. It is fully functional, except for the trackpad. I think perhaps Motorola intended to put on in but then pulled it from the design. I can't find any setting to turn the trackpad on.

The keyboard is also different, with domed keys more like a Motorola Cliq than the more Blackberry-style ridged keys on the production Droid Pro.

What's funny is that I just picked up a silicone case from the Verizon Wireless store (couldn't find any online) and there is a cut out for the trackpad!

I'd certainly like to see pictures of this..

subneil

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Droid Pro Rogue

I am take some pictures of the phone later, if you all wish. But the photo that the original poster had shown are exactly accurate. The only other difference I was able to ascertain is the domed keys, which is a subtle difference.

I discovered a few more subtle differences:

1. The lower right most key is a "return" or key on my phone as opposed to a voice command button.

2. The backspace key on my phone is next to the comma. The official Droid Pro puts the return key there instead.

3. To the right of the L key is nothing. The official Droid Pro squeezes the backspace key here. On my phone, this is open space, which allows for the keys to be a little bigger and staggered in the way of a normal QWERTY keyboard. It appears that the stock droid has keys that are in a grid. Mine has keys like a real keyboard.

Its nice to notice these differences. The best thing about this phone is the quality of the keyboard. I really like the layout as it is on my phone.