Droid Pro Problems?

legos

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are having problems with your Droid Pro or if you've had to get a replacement, please explain.

I got mine 11/18/10 and I got a replacement phone by 11/21/10. I heard absolutely NO noise when on a call, not even a ring! And the other person couldn't hear me either.

I really like this phone, even though I'm not sure how valid my opinion of this phone is because I've never had another smartphone, but it has a form factor that I really like, and features that I also really like.

Also, if anyone knows how to make the phone vibrate when a text is received when in silent mode, please share.

Berr321

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on my 5th Droid Pro since Feb. The first time my phone calls were crackling to the point I can't hear the other caller. The 2nd and 3rd time the phone was shutting down on its own. The last time which was 2 weeks ago- the phone would delete my contacts, reboot on it's own, crackling phone calls, and my widgets on desktop would disappear also. I haven't found many people that own the droid pro, let alone have problems with them, but I love the phone and do not want a different one.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are having problems with your Droid Pro or if you've had to get a replacement, please explain.

I got mine 11/18/10 and I got a replacement phone by 11/21/10. I heard absolutely NO noise when on a call, not even a ring! And the other person couldn't hear me either.

I really like this phone, even though I'm not sure how valid my opinion of this phone is because I've never had another smartphone, but it has a form factor that I really like, and features that I also really like.

Also, if anyone knows how to make the phone vibrate when a text is received when in silent mode, please share.
I just picked up a Droid Pro myself and the only issue I have at the moment is that the keyboard back lighting is very uneven. Some keys appear to have almost no back lighting while others are very bright. Otherwise I'm liking the phone so far. It capabilities suit my needs to a tee. It's like a Blackberry on steroids. :)

jaydee311

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow it sounds like you all have had some awful luck! I'm still on my first Droid Pro and have had it for 4 or 5 months now. I do noticed the keyboard lighting issue that badcat listed but otherwise have not experienced any of the other problems posted.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on my 5th Droid Pro since Feb. The first time my phone calls were crackling to the point I can't hear the other caller. The 2nd and 3rd time the phone was shutting down on its own. The last time which was 2 weeks ago- the phone would delete my contacts, reboot on it's own, crackling phone calls, and my widgets on desktop would disappear also. I haven't found many people that own the droid pro, let alone have problems with them, but I love the phone and do not want a different one.
To change the vibrate settings go to sound settings>vibrate and the options are always, never, only in silent mode and only when not in silent mode. I've mine set to only in silent mode myself.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Picked up a Droid Pro for the wife 2 days before VZW ended their unlimited data plan (her first smartphone). The unit worked fine for a week or so but I noticed it had a very dim screen and a bad pixel. On top of that, it would only charge sporadically when plugged into the charger and you usually had to wiggle the plus or squeeze it to maintain the connection.

We returned it last monday and got a "perfect" unit with no issues whatsoever (and a bit brighter/whiter screen).

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's my BIG problem.....the keyboard will freeze in any messaging apps (ie. emails, text, google voice text, etc.) It will type about 3-4 words, then freeze, then force close. Upon re-opening of that app again, same thing. I have to do a battery pull. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't work...

jaydee311

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's my BIG problem.....the keyboard will freeze in any messaging apps (ie. emails, text, google voice text, etc.) It will type about 3-4 words, then freeze, then force close. Upon re-opening of that app again, same thing. I have to do a battery pull. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't work...

Does that have anything to do with the search issue that was making some phones freeze up? Probably not but it's just a thought. I changed my search options to only search the web (and not the phone) when I used it. That fixed that issue.

rynbeed

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The only issue that I had with the phone was on VZW's official release. After what seemed like a set amount of time the in-call volume would slowly get quieter and quieter (even when the phone thought the volume was maxed), fixed with a reboot.

Unofficial Gingerbread fixed that.

Guess I am one of the lucky, had the phone since 2 weeks of it's release, in.... November 2010? Whenever it dropped on VZW. The phone has been solid for me so far *knocks on wood*.

Also, most software/OS problems can be traced back to an application conflict. If your having weird slowdown issues/reboots, remove non-needed odd apps until the phone is working right. That's been my experience anyway.

-ry

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine says "no sim card" I pulled the battery and reset the sim card and it still keeps coming up in the notification bar. Anyone know how to fix this?

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a Droid Pro myself and the only issue I have at the moment is that the keyboard back lighting is very uneven. Some keys appear to have almost no back lighting while others are very bright. Otherwise I'm liking the phone so far. It capabilities suit my needs to a tee. It's like a Blackberry on steroids. :)

I have the same uneven keyboard back lighting problem along with sporadic notifications and as of this morning, my beloved DPro froze as I was swiping from screen to screen, powered off and didn't come back on. I held the power button down and nothing. I had to pull the battery and it took its sweet time coming back on.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody having a pixeling issue on the screen...its kinda hard to discribe but, on my wifes pro the screen has multicolor pixelation to it...

skydivemark

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had my droid Pro for around 5-6 months. We got two of them. My wife has had no problems with hers but I've had many issues with mine. To start with it sometimes just seems to have a mind of its own. Also while typing it enters different letters than what I type (NO not the digit next to the one I touched). Then a couple weeks after the warranty expired (the warranty is only 90 days which also sux) it started overheating, but it wasn't the battery getting hot, it was above the battery and draining the battery in a matter of a few hours along with pretty much not doing anything at all. I had to completely restore it. Fortunately that worked (for now). Then a couple weeks ago they (verizon) downloaded an update which turned the thing off while I was in the middle of using it. Now it's completely different, lost most of my apps (again), all my favorites & text conversations, almost like learning a new phone all over again.
This is my first smart phone (if you want to call it that) and needless to say, I'm not too pleased with it. I have had an Ipod touch (first gen) for a few years and from day one have had no issues with it other than the occassional lock up. I wish I had enough $$ to get the Iphone.

dkny2kx

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
mine phone has been getting extremely warm when on during the day and the battery is zapped really quick, anyone know why this is happening, i think there is some background processing going on that's zapping the juice, but no applications look to be running, and nothing has really changed since a week ago.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Just received a Droid Pro for my wife today. About 15 minutes after initial setup, the screen went black, with the backlight still lit.

I'm not 100% certain, but I *think* it was still responding to touch input, but without actually seeing what was happening on the screen, it's impossible to tell.

A battery pull solves the problem temporarily, but it always seems to come back anywhere from a few minutes to an hour later.

I've tried a wipe, and I've taken the GB update and another wipe, but the problem persists.

Noticed the same problem described here almost a year ago, but nothing posted there points to a solution.

Any ideas?

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i am having a similar problem. when I receive a call or make a call the screen goes completely black. I can still hear sound. A battery pull fixes it but usually it only lasts as long as the call. During the call the keyboard and soft buttons are totally unresponsive. I think we need some help here.

reykjavik2012

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I had the exact same problem. It started shortly after I installed Words With Friends (but that could just be pure coincidence). After having it crash on me 4-5 times a day for a few days I decided I either need to spend $300 on a new phone, or wipe the phone and do a factory refresh. I chose the latter. Yeah, its a pain in the ass, but now that the new Android OS recalls your wifi passwords from Google, it makes the subsequent 2 hours of downloads all of 15 minutes. So although I don't believe its really a convenient solution, I would recommend doing a factory reset. Again, it was a pain in the ass, but it completely fixed the problem. And since google re-downloads everything for you automatically, all you really have to do is change your settings to the way you like them and you're back to square one again. Let me know if you have any questions.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I fixed the problem. My wife had a skin it sticker on the front that was blocking a sensor. Who knew. I removed the skin it and now it works perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63