Anyone switch from the Droid X?

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a Droid Pro on eBay. I will luckily still have my Droid X in my possession so I will be able to compare and contrast both devices and sell whichever one I like the least.

I was wondering if anyone switched from a Droid X. If so, how are you liking the switch? What do you miss most? Do you regret it?

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I would love to hear your thought on the switch over. I know I don't need it with my big screen, buy I really miss a physical keyboard. It was personally easier for me. The thing that concerns me is the screen resolution. Not the size but the 480x360 resolution. Anyways. Let us know.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the pro at the VZW store and wasn't comfortable with the keyboard after typing on it for a while. I did get the D2 for a work line and have been using for a while and still prefer my DX. I find myself much faster and more accurate using swype. I did find the smaller screen did make some things harder on my D2 and the pro's screen is smaller. Just food for thought.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I would love to hear your thought on the switch over. I know I don't need it with my big screen, buy I really miss a physical keyboard. It was personally easier for me. The thing that concerns me is the screen resolution. Not the size but the 480x360 resolution. Anyways. Let us know.

Alright, I will use both for about a week and post a review.

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I was looking at the pro at the VZW store and wasn't comfortable with the keyboard after typing on it for a while. I did get the D2 for a work line and have been using for a while and still prefer my DX. I find myself much faster and more accurate using swype. I did find the smaller screen did make some things harder on my D2 and the pro's screen is smaller. Just food for thought.

What type of things did it make harder?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
What type of things did it make harder?

Mostly the size of the swype keys hurt the accuracy a little when typing. I also found my self selecting the wrong links and short cuts because they are closer together due to the screen size. It's still very usable, just takes some adjusting going from a larger screen to a smaller one.

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Mostly the size of the swype keys hurt the accuracy a little when typing. I also found my self selecting the wrong links and short cuts because they are closer together due to the screen size. It's still very usable, just takes some adjusting going from a larger screen to a smaller one.

I didn't even think of the links and such. Thanks. Something else for me to think about.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the Pro for my girlfriend because she is leaving her ATT Blackberry curve for Verizon. I think she'll be fine adjusting to the Pro because she is coming from an even SMALLER screen and it isn't touch! Maybe someday she can upgrade to an X-sized screen, but for not the Pro will definitely be an improvement over her Curve!

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am actually contemplating on leaving my droid x for the Pro just because of the keyboard. I don't really need the bigger screen.

I am so conflicted. I was a BB user for about 6 years and loved the 9700's keyboard and miss it. But will never leave Android for a BB again.

I was thinking of getting the pro and then getting the tab or a 10 inch android tablet maybe?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried the pro's keyboard and it's definently different from the BB,but it is a great alternative. If the physical keyboard is a big factor for you and you like the keyboard on the pro then go for it.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the Pro for my wife. She also has a BlackBerry. I think that the Pro is a good transition device for BlackBerry users. For me personally, I don't really care for it. With the Android operating system, I want the biggest screen possible. And the virtual keyboard on my X is better to type on anyway. Plus, it seems like the battery life on the Droid X is better.