Email icons on home screen

rosskelsch

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello all!

I recently purchased a Droid Pro, for the keyboard mainly, and I am very happy with the phone. I came from an HTC Incredible before that, and a Moto Droid 1 before that.

On both of my previous phones that were droids, I was able to setup two icons on my homescreen for my two separate email accounts. One IMAP and One Exchange. I have looked for hours trying to find it on the phone, I even turned on my Incredible. I found it on the incredible, but not the Droid Pro. All that I can seem to find is a Unified Mailbox, which is not what I want.

Any Suggestions??

THANKS! ;)

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if the will work but give it a try: Use separate Messaging widgets for each account. Long press an open area on a home screen and select Motorola Widgets > Messages. A menu will open up so you can customize that widget. Uncheck "All services" and just check the account you want to see in that widget. At the top of the menu you can select "Widget name" if you want and name it "Verizon email" or whatever you want. Do the same for each account to put a customized widget on the home screen.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Add an app shortcut for Text Messaging and one for eMail. The standard messaging app combines it all. I also don't like the combined view, so I don't even have the messaging app on any homepages and hidden from the app drawer. Hope this helps.

PHaim

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You're looking for something that's a feature on HTC phones only. I also wish they had a nice email widget but unfortunately Motoblur kinda stinks. If you want to spend money to get it, you can get Launcherpro Plus for a few bucks and get a very similar layout to HTC's proprietary Android skin, Sense UI.