Randomly Rebooting?

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Droid Pro for only a few hours about 6-7 and it's rebooted about 3 times.

I don't know why.

Anyone know possibly why?

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, some programs are incompatible with the D-pro. Inasmuch as you have had random reboots, I believe that this problem should cease once you remove the incompatible app.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I find the incompatible program?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Although, quite time-consuming, I deleted apps one by one over a matter of a few days. The problem has resolved, but I was unable to determine the exact cause. I apologize for not being of better assistance. :eek:

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Droid Pro for only a few hours about 6-7 and it's rebooted about 3 times.

I don't know why.

Anyone know possibly why?

I haven't had the reboot problem, but here is what I would do. Not knowing what you have downloaded and installed on your phone, I'd uninstall anything that did not come with the phone...pull the battery out for 1 or 2 minutes, reinsert the battery and observe the phone to see if it continues to reboot. If it does take it back to Verizon. If it doesn't continue to reboot, reinstall your desired downloads one at a time until you find the culprit.

reykjavik

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
may be of some help

The people complaining of reboots, are you using the 3G Mobile Hotspot App?

I have had no rebooting problems with my phone except for the couple of times Ive used the 3G Hotspot app (had the service for a few days). Service is pretty good but when I turned it off it would inevitably reboot. Sometimes during use and some times after.

rdinger#AC

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Started random rebooting after update

My Droid Pro started apparent random rebooting after I installed the update to 2.26. It never did it before this. And I hadn't installed any new software (apps) since the update. Anybody else see reboots since the update?
The only time I can really recall it rebooting is when it has been plugged into a power source for a period of time, be it, the ac charger or car charger. Very annoying hearing that damn "DROOOOIIIIID" sound at the reboot.

rdinger

jeremybuff

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My sister has the Droid Pro as well, and it's suffering from the same reboots described thus far on this thread. The phone will reboot at any time- whether you're in a phone call, text, or app, it doesn't matter. I first suspected a random app being the problem, but after uninstalling every single app, it kept restarting. This is her second DP in ~35 days.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest anyone get this phone due to these errors. Not to mention, Verizon puts you through a hellhole to get a new one.

macstibs

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
My SD card was brand new with the phone so there's no cruft on it from another device. Not sure how formatting would affect this issue.

Unless you know what's causing it, I don't really get why you would suggest that someone delete everything and wipe the device.

As best as I can tell, the only time my phone reboots is when I have wifi on and I launch Maps 5.0 and then Tasker activates GPS. However, if I delete the Maps data through the Settings... Applications menu, it will work once.

Looks to me like there's a problem parsing data somewhere and it causes a kernel panic or heat overload.

DannyMicks

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had 3 different droid pros now over the past month and they all do the same random reboot. usually happens when you try to unlock the screen too quickly from it sleeping or when you unplug the charger. i believe it is a device issue because i did not have the device long enough to install any complicated applications.

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine rebooted on its own once so far. Ive had it about a month. At the time, i did not have a single app on the phone that did not come with it. It was just in my pocket and i heard the "droid" at the startup so i knew it happened. This was after the update but i cant say 100% that was what caused it since i didnt really have it for too long before the update (maybe 2 weeks).

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
My wife went through two Droid pros and both had the rebooting problem. Exchanged it for the Incredible and she's a lot happier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1