Droid Pro 2.26.60 Update Discussion Thread

flash24

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I updated mine (rooted). As of yet don't see a difference. Is there a list of fixes?

Release notes:

Software Update for the DROID Pro by Motorola

Introduction
We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID 2 Pro by Motorola. The software update by Motorola (Version.2.26.60.XT610.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous enhancements. Upgrade today for peak performance.

For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at DROID PRO - Motorola, Inc. USA.

Who Can Use This Release
ALL Motorola DROID Pro users.
After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice:

Enhancements:
Improved audio on voice calls.
Improved stability and performance.
User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode.
Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.
Upgraded Bluetooth firmware.
Improved interoperability with Microsoft Internet Application Gateway (IAG) configurations.
Device string format for Exchange changed to include device name and version number.
Upgrade to Google applications Release 7.
Other Improvements:
Improved audio during voice calls.
Reduced user interface lock-ups.

macstibs

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't bother unrooting and the install took just fine. Had to reroot with Z4 and that was about it. T

he only mods I had done was renaming the droid.ogg file to droid.bak and using ADW.launcher instead of the system launcher. Also used the TTF font replacement app to change the system font.

Had some wonkiness with my Exchange account but a couple of reboots and deleting and re-adding seems to have fixed the problem.

Cayman996#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack this thread but was hoping that the update may resolve this issue... but is anyone able to dial a phone number with +1 and then the number ie... +1-408-555-5555? Verizon's answer was to remove the +1 from contact lists... but with exchange... that's not an easy endevour.

lulugirl896

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack this thread but was hoping that the update may resolve this issue... but is anyone able to dial a phone number with +1 and then the number ie... +1-408-555-5555? Verizon's answer was to remove the +1 from contact lists... but with exchange... that's not an easy endevour.

Tried it- no such luck. :(

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have tried several times but everytime I click on System Updates, it pops up with "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

It almost seems like the way this message is worded, that the check itself was unsuccessful, not that it worked fine and there are just not any updates.......Hmmm........

update: per a post on androidforums, I turned off a setting for social applications updates on wifi only and the update suddenly shows up. i downloaded it and installed but the phone rebooted and said update failed......

Last edited:

spmmn

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes I did but not sure how VZ would know that or not.

It finally came through. Hopefully it makes the unit run cooler and the battery last longer!!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

chrisphilly

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone still have that system/apps folder available for DroidPro? I accidentally deleted mine and now the OTA update fails.

Hotfile deleted the link.... :(

I'd really appreciate it. I did a factory reset even, but I think I'm SOL until I get those apps back.

You can PM me if that's better.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01