Droid Pro 2.26.60 Update Discussion Thread

Sebastianraven

May 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
Per the private site:

Just want to address a few questions that I expect some owners to have, and provide a draft (not final) of the release notes.

Can I get the update if I'm rooted? Probably not. Most of the time updates pass by rooted devices. You can try restoring to stock to get the update. (Don't ask us how -- if you can root, you probably know where to find the answers. Posting information about root here is against site rules.) However, even devices that appear to be restored may not accept the update.
Will this update address existing Exchange issues? There are some Exchange improvements in the update, including some that address intermittent push for email. More are on the way, and we'll be watching to see what improvements result.
Is this a confidential Motorola Feedback Network project? Yes -- this community is private, and our interactions should be confidential. Please do not mention any aspect of this outside this private community or surveys we provide. Thanks.
Are we the only group testing this software? No. This software is in full release. But by gathering your feedback we hope to find out early if there is anything in the software that didn't show up when we tested it with dozens and hundreds, that will show when thousands get it. It also helps us verify that the expected changes happened. You are the only group providing direct feedback, so your input is important.
How long will we be involved in this test? Probably a week or less, but there are likely more tests to come.

Release notes:

Software Update for the DROID Pro by Motorola

Introduction

We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID 2 Pro by Motorola. The software update by Motorola (Version.2.26.60.XT610.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous enhancements. Upgrade today for peak performance.

For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at DROID PRO - Motorola, Inc. USA.

Who Can Use This Release
ALL Motorola DROID Pro users.
After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice:

Enhancements:

Improved audio on voice calls.
Improved stability and performance.
User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode.
Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.
Upgraded Bluetooth firmware.
Improved interoperability with Microsoft Internet Application Gateway (IAG) configurations.
Device string format for Exchange changed to include device name and version number.
Upgrade to Google applications Release 7.

Other Improvements:

Improved audio during voice calls.
Reduced user interface lock-ups.

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just registered my phone and registered on the Motorola site and checked for software updates on my phone and it is now downloading an update. I am rooted too btw.....Will try to report back.

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I unrooted mine to be on the safe side. We'll see how it goes.

I might as well have unrooted beforehand because I lost root access with the new update....Thank goodness for the Z4root app cause I am rooted again :)

snap20101221_235006.png

broth6

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just manually checked for an update on my phone and it was there. Not rooted though.

Thanks for the heads up, huge help

Dilbert

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just manually checked for an update on my phone and it was there. Not rooted though.

Thanks for the heads up, huge help

I'm registered...how do I manually check for an update on my Pro?

Nevermind...I found it, right there on the first line on the About Phone screen.

Dilbert

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My update keeps failing. I even unrooted and restored my device to factory reset :(

Same here...I think it may have to do with some of the stock .apk's that I renamed to 'bak' (like cityID, DLNA, cmas, etc). I'm going to rename them back to .apk and hope the install works.

anon(109438)

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Same here...I think it may have to do with some of the stock .apk's that I renamed to 'bak' (like cityID, DLNA, cmas, etc). I'm going to rename them back to .apk and hope the install works.

While you do that, would it be possible for you, to zip the following packages for me? my Titanium Backup doesn't work...

City ID 1.0.30
Backup Assistant 2.2
Backup Assistant 1.0
Yahoo Contacts 2.2
Help Center 2.2
Emergency Alert 1.0.0
My Verizon Mobile 5.0

Would be highly appreciated ;)

Dilbert

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
While you do that, would it be possible for you, to zip the following packages for me? my Titanium Backup doesn't work...

City ID 1.0.30
Backup Assistant 2.2
Backup Assistant 1.0
Yahoo Contacts 2.2
Help Center 2.2
Emergency Alert 1.0.0
My Verizon Mobile 5.0

Would be highly appreciated ;)

My update worked after renaming the apps to .apk. I backed up the entire app folder to a zip file and it is 53MB! Not sure how if I can post a file that big on this website. Hey, I see you over on droidforums.net looking for the same file......how can get this thing to you? and anyone else that might need it?

anon(109438)

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My update worked after renaming the apps to .apk. I backed up the entire app folder to a zip file and it is 53MB! Not sure how if I can post a file that big on this website. Hey, I see you over on droidforums.net looking for the same file......how can get this thing to you? and anyone else that might need it?

You could upload it to Hotfile.com: One click file hosting or something like that :)

stevexzy

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I unrooted and the update installed fine (though I had not removed any stock apps or anything like that).

I was able to reroot with z4root.

I was hoping this would solve my problems with 802.1x wifi but it seems it does not.

macstibs

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't bother unrooting and the install took just fine. Had to reroot with Z4 and that was about it. T

he only mods I had done was renaming the droid.ogg file to droid.bak and using ADW.launcher instead of the system launcher. Also used the TTF font replacement app to change the system font.