Android Pro Annoying Typing Glitch

Airnavin

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with typing the letter "t" on their Droid Pro and being automatically pushed to a search function of some sort? It doesn't happen every time I use the letter "t", but it is so annoying when it does happen. For instance, I'll be typing a text message or an email and spelling the sentence "We should all go to the store and buy an android phone today." At some point while typing if I hit the letter "t" the phone will close the SMS or email application and go to a search function program.

Does anyone know how to correct this? I do not have any shortcuts assigned to any keys.

Thanks.

Airnavin

rrogers44

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think you are accidentally hovering over the home symbol when you hit the "T". I do it a lot, but am learning to hold my thumbs differently.

shawnatio889

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I experience this as well and i am nearly certain there is no way it is accidental touching of the menu button nor the search button. As far as i know it is truly anomolous. Very frustrating.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing a different sort of typing glitch. I'm seeing a lot of letters showing up twice like I pressed the "s" or "t" key two times for example (like sstart or whatt). This never happened that I can recall prior to GB.

jaydee311

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Everybody wants to cry like a girl, but nobody actually wants to confirm or deny whether these potential fixes work for their particular issue or not. They worked for me.. do they work for you? Or do you just want to cry and complain about it?

rome2626

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
everytime i typed the word "the" or "in" and then hit the spacebar afterwards my phone would freeze up. It sucks b/c if you typed a long txt message and forgot to do that, you would have to re-type the whole thing all over

jaydee311

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
everytime i typed the word "the" or "in" and then hit the spacebar afterwards my phone would freeze up. It sucks b/c if you typed a long txt message and forgot to do that, you would have to re-type the whole thing all over

That similiar issue arose again with me the beginning of this week and I used the method below and it cleared up the typing glitch. Not sure why the phone just keeps running into these issues but thankful that it's cleared up pretty easily again.

Menu > Settings > Application > Manage applications > All > Multi-touch keyboard

Click "clear data"

reykjavik2012

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You're most definitely getting too close to the home button. Once pressed, hitting any key begins a search . Its happening quickly, but its happening. Its not the keyboard, its your fingers. Trust me. I had the exact same problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie