Update question need an answer

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually a couple that should be easy for you pros here... No pun intended. I got my Pro on Tuesday and woke up this morning with a notification that my phone wants to update to 2.26.60. I rooted my phone on Thursday so I could run BloatFreezer and my questions are this... Is it going to mess with my rooting and will I have to re root my phone? Also should I unroot before installing update? Thank you for your help.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Actually a couple that should be easy for you pros here... No pun intended. I got my Pro on Tuesday and woke up this morning with a notification that my phone wants to update to 2.26.60. I rooted my phone on Thursday so I could run BloatFreezer and my questions are this... Is it going to mess with my rooting and will I have to re root my phone? Also should I unroot before installing update? Thank you for your help.

Yes I would return the phone to stock before upgrading. You would almost certainly loose root during the upgrade anyway and it is possible that something you did could screw up the upgrade and with the locked boot-loader it would be a lot harder to fix.

Reactions: jvm1982

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help VZWRocks. I actually had to unfreeze everything I froze with bloat freeze, unroot and then downloaded just perfectly. Thank you for the advice though. I appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar