My friend and I are new to rooting and we attempted to root and install a ROM on his OG Droid. We were able to root successfully and then immediately created (or at least we think we created) an advanced nandroid backup.

We tried installing a ROM which didn't work right and he had to leave soon. So we thought we would just flash the nandroid backup we created.

The problem is that we kept getting the error 'nandroid exited with a status of 25.' I've read on the forums that this is usually because the folder with the backup has subfolders inside, but his doesn't, it just has files (.tar, .img, etc).

When we performed the nandroid backup in recovery mode it created a nandroid folder automatically with a folder inside that has the backup. We did rename the backup folder, but everything I've read indicates that is OK.

Again, this is NOT a downloaded ROM but literally the nandroid backup created immediately after rooting, so it should be an image of the rooted stock.

Some of the files inside the backup folder can be extracted. Do those need to be extracted? Some of those have subfolders inside them- does that make a difference?

Any help is appreciated.
    07-19-2011 05:42 PM
    I have never had that problem before, if you can't figure out what you did wrong and can't get the phone to boot, your going to have to use a SBF file and RSD Lite to get the phone working properly again.

You shouldn't have to extract any files.

Did you flash a custom recovery after rooting or did you leave the one that came with root?

What happened when trying to flash the custom ROM? Why didn't it work?
    07-26-2011 11:34 AM