Hey guys, I installed Koush's Rom through Rom Manager today and it seemed to be working fine for a little while, but I went to grab my phone to do something an hour or so after that and it had been completely drained. I did a battery pull and it didn't start up, so I plugged it in and it did right away. I've got the 800 MHz Standard Voltage Kernel running on it now.

Obviously not going to work if the battery dies so quickly, any suggestions?
    05-03-2010 07:41 PM
    This is the first I ever hear of this and I was the first to try this ROM. I can guarantee that it is not the rom. I have had every version from the first beta to the latest 5.0.6.2. Never seen or heard of said issue.
    05-03-2010 07:48 PM
    I can second for that its not the Rom, I've used many of his Roms and not one hurt the battery life one bit.
    05-03-2010 07:51 PM
    Yeah, I actually installed it because of the great things I'd heard about his Roms - I don't even know where to begin with this issue.
    05-03-2010 08:29 PM
    1 check your settings
    2 make sure your browser home page is not google
    05-03-2010 09:48 PM
    Something else I just noticed when I check Battery Use, "Calendar" tops the list at 40% with android system being 32% then display at 13%. What can I do to kick calendar down a notch.

EDIT: It looks like it was stuck syncing both calendar and contacts... that would explain it - as for making the home page something other than google, out of curiosity, what does that do to lower battery drain?
    05-04-2010 01:05 AM
    Now I've got another problem altogether, I get a sync error with contacts and calendar.

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

However, it's been stuck on this for a while now.
    05-04-2010 01:13 AM
    Having Google as your home page will keep the gos running as it will continue looking for your position.
    05-04-2010 01:48 AM
    something else that will kill a battery fast is the cell standby time without a signal. There have been sporadic issues with several roms that would say over 50% time without a signal which kept the radio on searching for a tower. I had this problem on one of Koush's earlier ROMS. I'm on Simply Stunning with one of Jake's kernels and haven't had that problem since I switched.
    05-04-2010 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD