Questions on Cyanogen/Google Apps

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I'm probably going to root my phone tonight and load Cyanogen (version for the Droid) on (overclocked to 800mhz) my Droid.

My questions is this. I know I need to install the official google apps separtely. Will I still be able to update the apps through the market, or is this out of the question? I rely on Google Maps Navigation, and a few of the other official apps.

Thanks, in advance!

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Ok, so I'm probably going to root my phone tonight and load Cyanogen (version for the Droid) on (overclocked to 800mhz) my Droid.

My questions is this. I know I need to install the official google apps separtely. Will I still be able to update the apps through the market, or is this out of the question? I rely on Google Maps Navigation, and a few of the other official apps.

Thanks, in advance!

Yup. No more needs be said :p

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, thanks. I'll probably pull the trigger on this tonight. I don't have any issues with stock 2.1, per se, but I want to overclock.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Jorge. Do a backup in SPRevocery, then flash clockwork, do a backup in clockwork, and then load a Cyanogenmod rom. It's good to have it in two places - trust me, it will be worthwhile.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary