so why is the new UD rom on rom manager?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i was looking through rom manager and i saw that they added a new version of UD on it. did the creator *cough* thief *cough* give Koush permission or request for it to be added. i checked it on his site and he said that if it is on Rom Manager not to download it because it has been tampered with.

im really starting to get the idea that this kid is a complete pr!ck and also that he is doing a lot of things to get attention to his rom from drama rather than inovation. any ideas?

p.s.-- dont worry im not loading his rom. i don't respect him enough to try it out haha

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
i was looking through rom manager and i saw that they added a new version of UD on it. did the creator *cough* thief *cough* give Koush permission or request for it to be added. i checked it on his site and he said that if it is on Rom Manager not to download it because it has been tampered with.

im really starting to get the idea that this kid is a complete pr!ck and also that he is doing a lot of things to get attention to his rom from drama rather than inovation. any ideas?

p.s.-- dont worry im not loading his rom. i don't respect him enough to try it out haha

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I saw that on their site too and I realized that some other roms had been pulled but UD was still there. Makes no sense. But I'm with you. I don't support UD either. As much as I want to try their rom I know what they did and I like CM. They just need to stand up and be men about it.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Pete had a good write up on his Twitter about what bd changed and he's proven that its still cm based butthe start-up scripts are from bb and the default boot animation is from cm

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This guy is something. So he's copying and pasting now.

From what I understand that is what he was doing before. The issue that CM had was not that he was using his stuff (because let's face it, the purpose of Android is to be open source), it was because he used the stuff and didn't acknowledge CM.

When asked, UD denied it... Whatever... I am in the process of cooking up my own ROM; I am just taking down very good release notes with a long list of acknowledgements.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
lol but yeah hes been doing that to pete for a while pete really has a bone to pick with him. hes out get him black listed from the droid community. but after doing this to pete the whole time he was at alldroid then when he moved to df yeah i would be pissed also

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
f*ck UD their a bunch of clowns. Give credit where credit is due. I wish UD could get banned from the android world forever. I'm with Koush and Pete and will never go to the fake side

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
its even funnier because on his site he said that he is going to have tutorials to make themes and that he will support the base work to work off of. he even said that there is no need to give him credit..... hmm :confused::confused::confused: .... i wonder why???? oh yea, because it isn't his work anyway

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah Pete is really goin off on guy airing out all his secrets and he's proving again this guy is a hack

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jmoney00

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
can some one fill me in on whats going on? right now i use ultimate droid v10 nex? if hes stealing stuff from other roms im going to jump ship to another rom can some one point me to a good rom?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
If you like the rom, just stick with it. Us vets just don't like the guy nor support him because of his ways. We all know the ROM works fine.
But yes, he's stealing stuff from other ROM's.
Get BuglessBeast (BB) 1.0/1.1
Or
CyanogenMod

Those to are the best.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes those are the best its bad that he stole Pete's and koush's work and got huge off of. Ityeah his original was based off of koush work prior to him changing sites

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I just find it hilarious that he is going to make tutorials to make roms. I wonder what it will be called? Kanged themes 101 haha

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know what exactly went down. I knew the BD section on droidforums.net got locked out, but didn't know why. I'm using UD Nex Gen, but this is almost compelling reason enough to jump to BB or Cyanogen

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know what exactly went down. I knew the BD section on droidforums.net got locked out, but didn't know why. I'm using UD Nex Gen, but this is almost compelling reason enough to jump to BB or Cyanogen

Don't worry man. If you like it, use it. I just wouldnt donate anything to him. If you feel that you want to change rom's, there are so many out there that would probably fill that spot for you. It all comes down to him playing dirty and getting donations and credit for work that he is taking credit for and not giving credit to others when it's due.

We really need a android central rom developer. I feel like we are the stoners at a community college and alldroid (I guess merely droid in this case) is Harvard and droid forums is like the rich kids who have trust funds haha. No offense anyone (hell I'd rather hang out with a bunch of stoners then snotty rich kids haha) but I just wish we had something that put android central on the map. I love this forum because its not too big and not too small, everybody here is extremely helpful and with all of info I find here it has made my droid even better. I don't think I frequent any other forum than I do this one.

There I go again going off topic haha sorry guys.

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I liked it, but only because it was the first one I used and it is easier to update that then it is to do a full conversion. But there is always the integrity issue, can't let those without integrity win in an open source world.
And with that said, I've already switched over to BB

Don't worry man. If you like it, use it. I just wouldnt donate anything to him. If you feel that you want to change rom's, there are so many out there that would probably fill that spot for you. It all comes down to him playing dirty and getting donations and credit for work that he is taking credit for and not giving credit to others when it's due.

We really need a android central rom developer. I feel like we are the stoners at a community college and alldroid (I guess merely droid in this case) is Harvard and droid forums is like the rich kids who have trust funds haha. No offense anyone (hell I'd rather hang out with a bunch of stoners then snotty rich kids haha) but I just wish we had something that put android central on the map. I love this forum because its not too big and not too small, everybody here is extremely helpful and with all of info I find here it has made my droid even better. I don't think I frequent any other forum than I do this one.

There I go again going off topic haha sorry guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power