BB V1.1 rolling out anytime!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
This is the first time I've used BB (1.0) and this is by far the most stable, fastest, smoothest Rom I've ever used. This is good news. Can't wait to try it out.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I also just moved over to BB, and holy crap -- it's great!

I have a question, which I hope isn't too stupid or off topic here... but I'm using almost an identical setup as android4temo above.

Droid -- BBv1.0 800mhz bekit kernel, manuup456 nex theme.

I love the Nex Theme, but I like the widgets from the BB Smoked Glass version better. Does anyone know if I can keep the Nex Theme but use the Smoked Glass widgets?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I also just moved over to BB, and holy crap -- it's great!

I have a question, which I hope isn't too stupid or off topic here... but I'm using almost an identical setup as android4temo above.

Droid -- BBv1.0 800mhz bekit kernel, manuup456 nex theme.

I love the Nex Theme, but I like the widgets from the BB Smoked Glass version better. Does anyone know if I can keep the Nex Theme but use the Smoked Glass widgets?

In their forum on droidforums they have the MM file to change widgets, I have the file downloaded if you can't find it but it should be right there.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
In their forum on droidforums they have the MM file to change widgets, I have the file downloaded if you can't find it but it should be right there.

awesome! thanks!

I'm sure I can figure that out. I've never messed around with MM (assuming that's MetaMorph) -- is that an app I'll need to install, or are they just packages that the ROM uses to apply the theme?

Please forgive the ignorance -- coming from the DroidMod world where everything was brainless. Rooting 2.1 was relatively easy, and jumping between/configuring ROM's has been no big deal either -- just want to know what I'm getting into with each step ;)

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I hate searching forums. I can never find what I'm looking for.

Am I trying to find the entire SmokedGlass theme in a .zip file? Which I can then load into MM and pick/choose what to apply?

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You are trying to find the smoked glass widget metamorph file. It is a .zip and then you can choose and apply.

struck out on that one. i found several smoked glass .zip files -- none of which were compatible with MM.

either way, I figured it out myself by manually swapping the apk's that ROM Manager uses when installing the BB Smoked vs. BB Nex. Essentially just backed up the original Nex theme, then copied in all of the Smoked Glass widgets I wanted into the modified-nex.zip i created.

After doing that -- which was pretty easy.. smoked glass doesn't really mesh all that well with Nex. I thought it'd work well, but having a mishmash of widgets didn't look very good. Only ever seeing them separately, I thought they were more similar looking than they actually are.

Thanks for the help =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis