05-26-2010 07:05 PM
131 1234 ...
tools
    I agree with this - there is just not that much to work with, unfortunately.

The main reason I don't like CM is that my home screen takes 3-8 seconds, sometimes 15, to rebuild itself, even when i'm OC'd to 800 MHz. I like Sense, because it comes back usually within 1 second, but unfortunately ZD is too unstable on calls.
    do you have the auto-rotate disabled in the configuration menu? that was the problem i faced a lot but once i disabled that it elminated the lag when refreshing the home screen.
    05-16-2010 09:39 PM
    You can use clockwork to wipe and load the rom their is now a compatible version.
    05-16-2010 10:13 PM
    I agree with this - there is just not that much to work with, unfortunately.

The main reason I don't like CM is that my home screen takes 3-8 seconds, sometimes 15, to rebuild itself, even when i'm OC'd to 800 MHz. I like Sense, because it comes back usually within 1 second, but unfortunately ZD is too unstable on calls.
    Look in spare parts see if you have the option to keep home in memory basically what the zd rom does
    05-16-2010 10:22 PM
    oh ok sounds good then. thanks bizz. i did a little research on autokiller. i didn't know it was an app in the market. it seems really interesting because it actually changes the automatic task killing that happens in android and it prioritizes it to how you would want to do it. have you used it yet? im thinking about giving it a try and seeing what it can really do for optimization of the rom's speed.
    05-16-2010 10:22 PM
    I love auto killer its a great app. Set mine to aggressive and don't have to worry about slow Downs or anything keeps my phone nice and snappy. And yes unlike most task killers that just kill apps this changes your oom settings. So your system is doing all the work like its supposed to
    05-16-2010 10:54 PM
    Autokiller seems to have been removed from the market. I'm hoping that it's Only temporary
    05-17-2010 07:28 AM
    That's odd I looked at your post went to the market and auto killer had an update for me I think its still their
    05-17-2010 08:00 AM
    It's there for me.
    05-17-2010 09:23 AM
    You can use clockwork to wipe and load the rom their is now a compatible version.
    I tried using clockwork and it wouldn't install so I flashed sprecovery and installed and I kept getting reboots and freeze ups. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I wiped data and cache each time. 2x each actually
    05-17-2010 01:48 PM
    Ya I checked again after I read the posts you guys made and it wad there. Maybe they pulled it to get the update out.

I didn't get a chance to install dominator but ill probably do it tonight. Ebrout's post is making me a bit concerned though
    05-17-2010 01:58 PM
    Mine worked perfectly on both but clockwork should be fine if its rebooting etc try a different kernel that one may be to high for your phone. But what folder did you put it in for clockwork. And did you extract it
    05-17-2010 03:14 PM
    Tried dominator last night, was super fast. However, this morning, while using Google Listen and setting it in my car dock, it suddenly started to degrade. Froze completely, then started doing a bootloop, increasing in rapidity.

I think I am going to go back to BB (that was the fastest for me before this) until 3.0 comes out of beta.

Anyone know if Succulent Desire comes with a normal, non-3D home? I loved that rom, but it was achingly slow with the 3D home.
    05-17-2010 03:27 PM
    Don't know about succulent but with dom try a different kernel I can bet that was your issue I've run his testers for over a week one day with navigation going for two hours straight without a hickup. All I did was pull the speeds back

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    05-17-2010 03:45 PM
    Mine worked perfectly on both but clockwork should be fine if its rebooting etc try a different kernel that one may be to high for your phone. But what folder did you put it in for clockwork. And did you extract it
    I put the clockwork version in clockwork\downloads\boots and i didn't extract. When i went to recovery and tried to install it took like 5 seconds (it went to fast to read what it was doing) and the reboot screen came up. When i rebooted my old rom loaded up.
    05-17-2010 06:58 PM
    ill give it a shot. couldnt really hurt atleast but now it seems like merelydroid is down due to putting all of the work onto alldroid. does anybody have a working link to the file

EDIT: nevermind i found it on droid forums. I have never used JIT so this should be interesting.... hoping my droid doesnt crap out.
    05-17-2010 08:30 PM
    I put the clockwork version in clockwork\downloads\boots and i didn't extract. When i went to recovery and tried to install it took like 5 seconds (it went to fast to read what it was doing) and the reboot screen came up. When i rebooted my old rom loaded up.
    i was just reading a Dominator thread at droid forums. since it is a nandroid back up you have to extract. download the file on the your comp and then extract it. now place the folder in your nandroid backups folder and then you should be good to install
    ebruot likes this.
    05-17-2010 09:06 PM
    Try Droid forums he has a link posted their in android roms
    05-17-2010 09:16 PM
    hey bizz how has Jit been running on your droid. i have been hearing mixed reviews on it. it seems like it is hit or miss. how do you know if it is working?

oh and Bizz when doing the advanced nandroid restore, do i select everything or just Boot and System?

EDIT: i selected just Boot and System and it is loading now. so far so good. just signing in right now
    05-17-2010 09:19 PM
    I love jit as long as its done properly and their is no need for the data nothing their. Just try one thing after your set up reboot and use the helix launcher I like it
    05-17-2010 10:01 PM
    ok it is loaded. i like it but i dont notice a significant speed increase unless i need to change some setting or somthing. it is def smooth though.

reboot and use helix launcher? the helix launcher works without rebooting but ill give it a try and see if im missing somthing. ill reboot in a sec. just re-setting my home screens

out of curiousity, is it me or is the notification bar changing colors depending on what app or screen? im really hoping its the theme haha.
    05-17-2010 10:35 PM
    Set up your homescreen then reboot open auto killer and set it to aggressive and enjoy . BTW what kernel are you running
    05-17-2010 10:46 PM
    The stock one that was in the rom. Should I go to one of Jake's.

Oh and I must say that was a fast boot Haha ridiculously fast.
    05-17-2010 11:03 PM
    Yeah me to bit I'm using the bare bones. Version try setting your animations to fast
    05-17-2010 11:50 PM
    Yeah me to bit I'm using the bare bones. Version try setting your animations to fast
    I don't know if I could do the bare bones version. I need the software keyboard and a fee other things. Did you notice any speed.increases? I'm thinking about installing Jake's 1 ghz or 1.2 ghz kernel today. I'm going to see how the stock one holds up during the day and go from there.

Out of curiousity should I use the free up memory script in terminal emulator? I don't know of it was built into this version of the rom or still has to be done. What does the script exactly do though? All I know is that I have heard it helps keep thing snappy by keeping a specific amount of ram available for OS to operate.think

Bizz if it wasn't for you I don't think I would have installed half of the roms I've installed. This one seems to be one of the best. Hell I'm typing this fast with smart keyboard with almost no lag. Thanks man.

I still am looking forward to BB 1.1 but who knows when that will be released.
    05-18-2010 03:56 AM
    How do you use live wallpapers with the dominator ROM? There isn't a live wallpaper option under wallpapers.
    05-18-2010 08:24 AM
131 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD