05-26-2010 07:05 PM
131 12345 ...
tools
    i was just reading a Dominator thread at droid forums. since it is a nandroid back up you have to extract. download the file on the your comp and then extract it. now place the folder in your nandroid backups folder and then you should be good to install
    I didn't read the directions very good, I didn't catch the clockwork version was nandroid. Extracted and restored and works great. Have you checked out launcher pro from the market? It's a pretty sweet launcher. Still beta but works smooth. You can pinchzoom the home screens and screen previews pop up, fast transitions, and four apps at bottom.
    05-18-2010 08:30 AM
    Sounds good was looking a that earlier today may have to give launcher pro a try.
    Edit
    Got to get some to expand their uses. But you can use the free memory script in terminal
    its function. Is to simple keep RAM open for you. I use it simply to see how long it can stay around 50 just my fun.
    05-18-2010 09:17 AM
    How do you use live wallpapers with the dominator ROM? There isn't a live wallpaper option under wallpapers.
    He disabled the live wallpapers in to keep the rom size small. He might add them but idk when/if he will
    05-18-2010 10:42 AM
    Sounds good was looking a that earlier today may have to give launcher pro a try.
    Edit
    Got to get some to expand their uses. But you can use the free memory script in terminal
    its function. Is to simple keep RAM open for you. I use it simply to see how long it can stay around 50 just my fun.
    Oh ok. So your saying its not necessary at this point. I wasn't sure if it would increase the overall speed.
    05-18-2010 10:43 AM
    No its not necessary it may help but not much more than autokiller. I'm currently running the bare version and I keep 50+ free so its good with me haven't seen a slow down yet. Tried the 1.4 kernel couldn't boot it kinda sucks
    05-18-2010 11:01 AM
    I'm assuming you have the 1.2 kernal installed. What is your standard setting for it in setcpu? I have the stock 1.2 with my standard setting at 550-850. I kind of want to try using 1.2 max but don't want my phone to overheat. Though surprising after I installed the rom my phone was pretty warm but after I rebooted it twice last night the temps stay lower on average use then any other kernal I have used. This is the first rom I can actually say is my favorite rom out now.

Its funny because before this I always thought boost didn't know much about creating roms and just assisted the Zeus droid team. I take that all back. He is one of the few devs who isn't taking cyanogen rom and wrapping it in nice gift wrap. He actually gave us something different.

He better watch out though, Black Droid hasn't caused too much drama recently. Somvodies work is going to be falsely credited haha. I hope it isn't boost's
    05-18-2010 03:23 PM
    i have mine 250/1.2 and it blazes along havent had a issue with heat at all with the new kernel right now shes running at 34c cpu temp so i call that good.

boostd has been making roms for a few months he was just always overshadowed by other devs. I guess more people became aware of him because of zd. the bad thing is the alpha out now is based on his test build. i tested it a few days prior to the release.

Im glad hes back on his game and doing what he does best take moto rom and optimize the crap out of it.
    and for the love of goodnes please lets home blackdroid doesnt try some bs with dom just wouldnt go over well . though his fan base will call him the best once they try it.
    on another front a little birdie told me he may be getting an incredible and seeing what he can do with it. me give me the shadow 768 is the native speed it may be released at. just want it overclocked less heat. and power used
    Brett likes this.
    05-18-2010 04:02 PM
    well it is funny because everybody always complains about when their droid lags or slows down or over heats. but then they complain about not having enough features. all of the new roms seem to go to bells and whistles and they are nice but thats why the phones lag and build up cache. i like Boosts rom because it's simple, it has average features (not over the top but far from stock) and there is almost no lag at all. i was surprised that while using my phone on the web for like 20 min my temps were still under 35 degrees C. that is the best i think my droid's temps have ever been with that much use on the web (while overclocked).

Bizz you are going to get a "thanks" for letting me know about this rom and helping me install it. this is the first rom that i am completely satisfied with (at the time being haha).

EDIT: just so you guys i know, I added a link to jake's kernels
    05-18-2010 04:10 PM
    Yeah that's my think I don't need a2SD and a lot is other features I want something that after a few days is still speedy and doesnt heat up and BTW I love jakes. Kernels their the best ive put on my phone. His newest is probably the best is the bunch. And to think he bust in the scene with a 1.5 kernel almost no one could use
    05-18-2010 05:15 PM
    Are you referring to the 1.4 kernel?
    05-18-2010 06:12 PM
    No his first kernel was.1.5 crazy huh wish I could boot that bad boy
    05-18-2010 06:56 PM
    hey bizz, did you update the framework that Boost released today? I'm prob going to do it in a few but just was curious as to what the update included because i didn't see anything anywhere saying what was worked on. just that he had an update available
    05-18-2010 09:20 PM
    I tried twice. couldn't boot my phone afterwards I may load the full version and try that
    05-18-2010 09:37 PM
    Did you try it with adb or root explorer
    05-18-2010 09:39 PM
    Adb kinda sucks for me
    edit
    like an ***** that i am i didnt read and you have to unzip the file then inside you will see the apk delete the superman portion and push that should work for you
    05-18-2010 09:48 PM
    He said you place the unzipped file in the system/framework from root explorer and it will replace it. Do you what the updated framework is supposed to fix?
    05-18-2010 10:46 PM
    it changes the icon and colors on the pulldown kinda nice try it. instead of the unused area on the notification bar being blue when you pull it down its yellow to better match superman colors. plus 3g and wifi icons have changed colors. but with the rom what you see is what your going to get as far as the rom the themes will be updated and changed
    05-18-2010 10:49 PM
    So I tried replacing the framework apk and it didn't work. I downloaded the file, unzipped it, renamed it, placed it on my sd card, opened root explorer and copy and pasted it into system/framework. After I replaced it my phone rebooted but my screen went black. Not even the Motorola screen came up. Idk why this happened but it just didn't work. Good thing I made a backup prior to doing this.
    05-19-2010 05:30 AM
    You have to push it with Adb. Second option is metamoroh of you have old themes on your card replace the framework with this one and only load the framework with metamorph that how I did it. Just make sure you delete everything in the framework folder other than what you want to load
    05-19-2010 09:26 AM
    Ill give it a try tonight.

Today was the true test of Jake's kernels stability. Normally if I'm listening to my droid to play mp3 in my car ride home from work (25 min drive) my droids CPU temps would be at high 30's low 40's set at 250-550. Today it was at like 28-30 C at 550-850
    05-19-2010 03:45 PM
    That's great mine were a little higher but I was at 1.2
    05-19-2010 05:38 PM
    That's great mine were a little higher but I was at 1.2
    what were the temps? and how long were you using it for? im tempted to try the 1.4 kernel he has just to see if there is a noticable difference or not. part of me is like F-it just go for it, then my rational side kicks in and says "are you retarded. you are taking a processor that has a max availability of 600 mghz standtard and you want to set it to 1400." haha what a dilema. i might just get the 1.2 kernel and set it ath 250-1200 and see what happens. worst case i can lower the max setting.

Second option is metamoroh of you have old themes on your card replace the framework with this one and only load the framework with metamorph that how I did it. Just make sure you delete everything in the framework folder other than what you want to load
    let me just make sure i understand this. ok so go to the themes folder on the SD card and delete all of the files that are framework files. take the framework apk that he posted yesterday in droid forums (i haven't checked merely-droid since last night so i don't know if he added it their yet) and put it in the framework folder that is in the themes folder. then use metamorph to theme it correctly.

if that is what i have to do then i think im good because i actually know how to do all of that. just want to make sure thats what your directions say to do.

on a side note, is it me or is merely-droid turning into a ghost town. it seems like all of the major devs are more active at other forums.
    05-19-2010 06:40 PM
    Yes merely Droid is turning into a ghost town. As far as the framework that should work. If you get a black screen after doing it just restore your system in recovery. And my temps while navigation going in direct sunlight were 37-42 left it at 1.2 when at 800 it was around the same as yours
    05-19-2010 07:52 PM
    Those temps are really good for 1.2. I used to get that when I was using bekits kernal and I had it set at 250-550. The kernel devs need to step up their game if they don't want to be over shadowed by Jake. Koush should really add them to rom manager.
    05-19-2010 08:20 PM
    Ok so I placed the framework apk in the android themes folder but when I go to that folder in metamorph it is not visible. Should I have put in the zip file instead of the unzipped one?
    05-19-2010 09:38 PM
131 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD