List of Droid roms, themes and themed roms

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Rom Locker (updated 5/29/10)

ok so i figured with all of the roms, themes and themed roms out there it is a little chaotic to find the specific ones that are being looked for. This will be a thread that i will try (key word "try" haha) to keep updated so that there is one source for all of us to go when we are trying to figure out what rom we want when we are unsure of what is out there and/or available. plus i also think this will be a good way to eliminate the need for multiple threads that request specific rom links (our mod's have better things to do then to continuously clean the forum of repeated thread. they have lives, i think haha). I will do my best to keep this up to date but if anybody has info/link to new roms that are out don't hesitate to share. We all love new roms/themes so we all would love to get our hands on some new and amazing roms that are available. ok so here we go (let's hope i don't blow it haha):

(update: im going to make sections within this post for roms/themes, kernels and extras(ex. launchers). it is going to be a little easier to find what you are looking for instead of it being one chaotic mess. If/When this becomes to big of a post i will then create 2 additional threads so that each thing has it's own thread but for now i will just keep them all in here.)

If i credited the wrong person by accident just let me know and I will try to fix it ASAP

ROMS/THEMES/THEMED ROMS

Balthazar's Dark Cyan Theme:
[Mm Theme] Mash Up - Dark Cyan V2.0 - Update 05/8/10 - CyanogenMod Forum

Boostdscoob's Dominator 3 rom:
Anyone tried my Dominator? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Chevy's Simply Stunning rom:
5/20/10 - Simply Stunning v3.2 ROM - Titanium Backup/New Icons/10% Battery Increments - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Cyanogen's rom:
Cyanogenmod For Droid V5.0.7.1 (05/26/2010) - CyanogenMod Forum

Drod2169's Iron Droid 0.1.4 Rom (contributed by Bizz):
Iron Droid 0.1.4

Iaminebriated's Omnistar Theme:
[Theme] Omnistar_V2 *updated* 4/27/2010 - CyanogenMod Forum

JRummy's themed roms: "update: the shiz"
The SHIZ (ESE81 - Built from Source - 5/26) **7 Theme Choices** - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

JsinLegacy's Hulk Smash Theme:
[Theme] Hulk Smash! V1.2.7 - 5/11/2010 - CyanogenMod Forum

JsinLegacy's Dark Star Theme:
[Theme] Darkstar V1.3.0 - Updated 4-25-2010 - CyanogenMod Forum

Manup's DroTheme Rom:
Forums • View topic - [THEME] DroTHEME-v2.0_CM-Koush-5.0.6.2 and Goodies-v6r2

Pete's Bugless Beast 1.1 Rom update:
[ROM] Bugless Beast V1.1 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

P3 Droid ese81 Rom 2.0 lock screen (contributed by Bizz):
official ese81(2.1) rotary lock screen now available in MDW ROM by p3droid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

PMilzie's Hexfusion Theme:
[Theme] Hexfusion_Cyanogenmod (Updated 4/23) - CyanogenMod Forum

Team Chaos's Red Rum Rom:
[ROM] RedRum Chaos 1.3

Team Chaos's 24K Chaos Rom:
24k CHAOS

Team Chaos's Dark Edge Theme for Team Chaos Rom:
Dark Edge For Team Chaos Rom

Turbosrrgood's Sterling theme:
[Theme] Sterling - CyanogenMod Forum

Woodyman's Succulent Desire Rom:
[Release] Succulent-Desire-v-4.5

Woodyman's Holy Blue Rom:
[Release] Holy-Blue v-4.0

Zeus Team's Zeus Droid Rom (contributed by Bizz):
ZeusDroid • View topic - Update 1 for Alpha Build. WIFI Fix

If anybody is looking for Ultimate/Black Droid rom/theme you can go to
W W W . IJackedYourIshAndImNotGivingYouCreditForMySuccesBecauseImAProKanger . COM

haha jk but if anybody want's to post it they are more than welcome to. I just dont want to include his rom because i will not partake in his distribution of uncredited work. Hell, if you think about it he has probably taken bits and pieces from a majority of the roms that i have listed so i guess in a way i have posted the Ultimate Droid Rom, just not in one singular form haha.

KERNALS

Jake's Kernals:
Droid Dev | Nine By Six

Bekit's Kernals:
Bekit Kernel Discussion (0.8) - CyanogenMod Forum

P3Droid's Kernals (I am not sure if these are up to date but i think they are. If anybody could confirm it I would appreciate it):
P3Droid Kernels

EXTRAS

Ruqqq's Helix Launchers:
Donators' Repo ? Home

ADW Launcher:
ADW things

Good luck all and i hope this all helps.

If anybody likes the roms/themes/extras and would like to donate to the creators for all of their hard work, by all means go ahead. Each link that is of the creators work usually has a donate button so it shouldn't be hard to find.

oh and i am not sure if i have to include this or not but just incase:

These are all custom roms/themes and should only be installed if you know what you are doing. You are running the risk of breaking/bricking/harming your phone. I will not take responsibility for anything that these roms/themes can and will do to your phone. Some of them have overclocked cpu kernel installed with the rom so be careful not to overheat your cpu,battery and phone overall.

I don't know if that was necessary since i did not create any of these and also each page i linked probably has their own disclaimer but i would rather at least put in the disclaimer just in case.

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You can add dominate 3.0 to the list its great probably one of the best I've tested. It's still in in beta right now but the boot up is to quick for the Droid eye to appear
oh yeah great job on the list

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You can add dominate 3.0 to the list its great probably one of the best I've tested. It's still in in beta right now but the boot up is to quick for the Droid eye to appear
oh yeah great job on the list

thanks man, i just wanted 1 thread to keep people up to date and also lay to rest the threads that are repeated 100's of time (maybe slight exageration :p)
ya i just looked at it. it seems to be a really advanced rom atleast with all of those instructions he gave on how to install it. i dont think any rom (aside from zeus droid rom) has ever needed to be wiped using adb.

ill definatly add it, just going to wait till there is a completed version released. i don't want to put a beta rom in here just because i don't want sombody who is new to adding roms to install it incorrectly or install it and run into some bugs that they don't know how to fix. i'll definately add it though. good find Bizz. hell you probably know more about the roms i posted then i do..... actually, scratch the word "probably" haha you DEFINATLY know more than i do.

Bizz if you think im missing any important ones just let me or you can post them. which ever is easier man.

stoneth99

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Brett, just curious since i see you have a familiar avatar, but did you used to go by bitfix? this all-in-one topic for Roms and themes is GENIUS! it makes looking at different options uber-easy. just wondering, though, if you or anyone else has screenshots of the Dominator Rom, Holy Blue theme, and Red Rum theme. the links have the pages to download from but i couldn't find any screenshots.

also, i see that some of the Roms/themes have icons at the bottom of the homescreens with the apps icon. is that part of the Rom/theme or something different that can be downloaded and installed with any Rom/theme?

thanks, again, man!

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ya my name used to be bitfix on here but I wanted my first name for a while. I mean what is a bitfix anyway haha. Thanks. As for the pictures they located at the link in most cases. Some forum require you to register and be logged it to view them and others just don't have pics unless it is from users within the forum. If anybody wants to post screen shots of the roms it would be a great addition. Ill try to see what I can do. The only problem is that in each post u can only attach a Max of 4 pics so I wouldn't be able to attach all o them in my original post. So if anybody post pics they will probably be scattered throughout the thread.

As for the icons on the bottom of the screen, that is a feature of helix launcher 1 and 2. At this point helix launcher is almost a necessity for roms and it is probably one of the most stable launchers. Until something better comes out you will probably see that in almost every rom.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
;)I haven't tried it yet about to give it a go been on dominator 3.0 I'm downloading now
It's a full Rom
so i tried iron droid i would let it cook a little while longer before i suggest anyone tries it already back on dom 3.0. its just so fast i cant stray away to long

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
updated. i added a kernels section as well as a section for extras and i added the ADW launcher which is pretty cool.

Bizz how is the Dominator 3 beta? im waiting on the theme to be finished but the way Boost talks about it, it seems like it is one of the fastest roms. is this true? throughout the whole phone or just boot?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The whole rom is fast boot transitions everything. The theme is almost done on the beta needs some final touches but last time I talked to him he was working on multiple themes. Only downers are tap talk doesn't work and no live wallpapers got to add the picker back in. I'm currently running at 550/250 and its not slow. Love the helix launcher shows fps. And will flix between the end home screens

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
For me its faster than Pete's. Their aren't many new features other than launcher theme. But he optimized the crap out of this rom its a blazer.flick or scroll as fast as you want its almost instant

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
oh wow. well i mean if it is fast and maintains that speed consistantly then ill give it a shot once it is out of beta and themed. im still waiting on BB 1.1 because it seems like pete has somthing up his sleeve with this one so if Dominator 3 comes out first ill give it a shot. if it comes out after then idk haha it might have to be put off for a little but unless BB 1.1 lags on my phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well I've run 6 different test of it hand haven't experienced a slow down especially after telling the OS to leave 75mb of ram free at all times

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok im gonna give it a shot tonight. just installing adb and all that mess haha. now by leaving 75 mb of ram free at all time what exactly is done with the 75 mb? also is that superman theme the one that is currently on his rom or is that just one that he is messing around with?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
hey bizz (or anybody who knows) do you know of a site that shows you how to use ADB or gives you a full out example of how it should be typed. i keep looking but everyone shows me just how to install it and set it up, which i can do but i don't what i am supposed to do in order to wipe everything.

also just curious, what is the difference between wiping in adb or sprecovery/clockwork? is it a more thorough wipe?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You don't need adb for this rom the script can be run through terminal and its free75mb the current theme is Superman though I have a feeling you may see an iron man theme also as far as the sites for adb I'll search for one and let you know

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok sounds good but what about wiping? he said to wipe using adb. i mean if i can wipe through recovery then i am good but i just dont want to wipe through recovery and it messes things up.

also he mentions to set "autokiller" to any of the settings. i have never even heard of auto-killer before haha.

sorry for all of the questions bizz but this after reading the instructions i realized i wasnt in kansas anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton