I am new to android. I have had my droid for about a week. I rooted it yesterday with bb at 1ghz and have since put on JRummy's Remix v0.7. I did not select a cpu speed. How do I know what speed I am running? Thanks and sorry for a probably easy question.

p.s. my Kernel version is 2.6.29-omap1-bekit-0.8.3-5x1100LV
    05-15-2010 06:24 PM
    From my knowledge almost all roms need an app call setcpu. it will let you overclock your cpu and set it to whatever the slots available are in the kernel you have installed. you can buy it in the market or you can get it for free at xda i think. the one is the market is a donation way of getting it. plus if you buy it in the market you will get notifications when it is updated.

i've heard that pete's 1.0 doesn't need setcpu because he made it so that it will work by itself. im running 1.0 but i still have setcpu on mainly for the profiles. it helps me save battery a little bit plus i have more control of what i want my cpu set at when it reaches a certain temp or when it goes below a certain % of charge left.
    05-15-2010 06:41 PM
    From my knowledge almost all roms need an app call setcpu. it will let you overclock your cpu and set it to whatever the slots available are in the kernel you have installed. you can buy it in the market or you can get it for free at xda i think. the one is the market is a donation way of getting it. plus if you buy it in the market you will get notifications when it is updated.

i've heard that pete's 1.0 doesn't need setcpu because he made it so that it will work by itself. im running 1.0 but i still have setcpu on mainly for the profiles. it helps me save battery a little bit plus i have more control of what i want my cpu set at when it reaches a certain temp or when it goes below a certain % of charge left.
    Thanks for the info. I just downloaded "SetCPU for Root Users" from the market and seems to be what I needed. It seems to be a pretty easy app to overclock and moniter. I am still learning Android. I have been BB over the past 3-4 years.
    05-15-2010 06:47 PM
    I'm camw from a BB storm and the transition was a a little hard to get used to android at first but when I got used to it I decided I will never go back to BB haha. It seems like Google actually listens to their user's request and pay attention to their needs unlike rim.

Also if you use the setcpu active widget it will display what your CPU is currently set to.
    05-15-2010 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD