OC Question

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
okay..so...installing a new kernal via Rom Manager...whats the difference between low, normal and high voltage, also...whats the difference between 5 and 7 slots?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Low voltage is usually the better choice because in most cases it keeps your CPU cooler. I'm assuming because it is using less energy.

The slot are the way the kernal is split. For example a 5 slot 1 ghz kernal will let you pick you OC settings in setcpu at 250/550/650/850/1000 MHz.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
stick with the low and standard voltage. don't use increased voltage at all. for me atleast they get my cpu way too hot. if your new to overclocking then download temp monitor from market and go into settings and set the app to monitor the cpu temp. to be safe i like to keep my cpu temp under 45 degrees celcius

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
if anybody here wants a really good kernel (from my experience) try Jake's Kernels. i don't think my droid has gone over 34 degrees C all day today. That is with normal use, so the temps weren't low due to lack of use.

i think he has a blog but i am going to go find it now and link it to the thread i posted with the list of roms, themes kernels etc. so this way things aren't posted all over the place and this way it is easier to find when you are looking for a kernel or rom.

come join the fun haha