what else?

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted and have enjoyed playing around with the different roms but what else can I do now? Tethering isn't something I would use and overclocking I'm not into want my droid to last me and not worry about frying it. Other than roms haven't found much more to see what the big deal about rooting is. Love the nexus theme on bugless beast but is looks only thing rooting gives you?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Screen caps
Metamorph
Terminal Emulator
AdFree
Apps2SD

Thats just off the top of my head. Some friendly advice, don't root just because "its the cool thing to do". Know the advantages and use them to the best of your ability =)

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i know this is going to sound like a noob question that i should know the answer to, but i don't haha.

What is the difference between terminal emulator and adb? do they do the same thing? i have used terminal emulator before and i have attempted to use adb (was not successful) but i was just curious if terminal emulator is just an onboard adb app

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
so far only thing i have done is flash different roms but sticking with bbv1.0 with nex theme so smooth and good looking. apps2sd would be cool for when i run out of space but don't have a ton of apps installed right now. oh and metamorph sounds cool but where do i find themes for it?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
i know this is going to sound like a noob question that i should know the answer to, but i don't haha.

What is the difference between terminal emulator and adb? do they do the same thing? i have used terminal emulator before and i have attempted to use adb (was not successful) but i was just curious if terminal emulator is just an onboard adb app

The gist of it, ADB is terminal emulator for your computer. Instead of running things from your phone you can run it from your computer and use an actual keyboard. Some root things are performed easier when using ADB such as moving your cache or apps to sd.

And Lurch, you just gotta browse the web dude. I find them all over. Droidforums should definitely be a stop if you're looking for MM themes.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
On that, ADB is run though the Android SDK. Also, for some ADB commands, the phone will not be able to use terminal emulator.

I find my self using terminal for running custom scripts in BB, etc. ADB is only used when I have to wipe data and cache in recovery.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
so far only thing i have done is flash different roms but sticking with bbv1.0 with nex theme so smooth and good looking. apps2sd would be cool for when i run out of space but don't have a ton of apps installed right now. oh and metamorph sounds cool but where do i find themes for it?

Metamorph themes can be found here Metamorph Locker Room. I'll be updating the list regularly.

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/47544-rom-bugless-beast-v1-1-a.html

Scope Pete's changelog for bugless beast 1.1 (link above) & it should give you an idea of the potential differences over stock. The idea of a custom rom is that it pulls together many favorable options not included with stock. For example, Low Voltage (LV) kernels save battery life & reduce heat under stress, such as overclocking. The other main reason to root is for titanium backup functionality.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital