06-11-2010 10:54 AM
144 1234 ...
tools
    Threw on launcher pro too just cause and now its even that much faster.
    06-05-2010 06:54 PM
    one more question:

I have download the new kernal and i guess it worked because my WiFi is working. My problem is SetCPU is not working properly. It wont let me change the speeds, change profiles, or go to advanced settings....and suggestions
    06-05-2010 07:00 PM
    RomManager app w/clockwork recovery is prob the most user friendly setup for experimenting and changing roms & themes - root, backup apps w/titanium backup, rommanager, (bugless beast or cyanogen roms) - wiping is good when changing roms to avoid lil probs and hangups. When updating just a new version, no wipe necessary (unless a new sdk). If installing dif kernels or w/e type of update.zip file, either place on the root of the sd card with a file manager or navigate to the update.zip thru clockworks file manager...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    06-05-2010 07:03 PM
    not perfect but really cool tried out a few flash sites and worked more or less. still need to dig around, but very cool. install process was cake if you're already rooted
    06-05-2010 07:07 PM
    one more question:

I have download the new kernal and i guess it worked because my WiFi is working. My problem is SetCPU is not working properly. It wont let me change the speeds, change profiles, or go to advanced settings....and suggestions
    i know this is a dumb question and i am sorry for asking, but you never know. did you select auto-detect?

if you did and it still isn't working then try 2 things. 1) uninstall setcpu and reinstall it and see if it works. if that doesn't work, 2) try another kernel.

sometimes if all else fails, if you wipe your device and reinstall the rom, it can make a world of difference.
    06-05-2010 07:12 PM
    Threw on launcher pro too just cause and now its even that much faster.
    How did you get Launcher Pro on it? I'm trying to download Launcher Pro beta and every time I install it, it never shows up on my Droid. Is it 2.2 compatible?
    06-05-2010 07:29 PM
    Anyone else experiencing these issues? SetCPU and shootme are not detecting root and skype force closes when trying to login.
    06-05-2010 07:38 PM
    How did you get Launcher Pro on it? I'm trying to download Launcher Pro beta and every time I install it, it never shows up on my Droid. Is it 2.2 compatible?
    It works for me.
    06-05-2010 07:41 PM
    Launcher Pro is working fine for me. It is 2.2 compatible.
    06-05-2010 07:44 PM
    Rebooting got Launcher Pro to work. Sweeeet.
    06-05-2010 07:46 PM
    new problem- buttons aren't working. Specifically, search and home. Going to try a new kernel. Also, can't get chrome to phone working.
    06-05-2010 09:50 PM
    new problem- buttons aren't working. Specifically, search and home. Going to try a new kernel. Also, can't get chrome to phone working.
    Can't seen to get the chrome app working either its cool will probably be working soon I'm loving 2.2. This jit compiler has it smooth even at stock clock speeds
    06-05-2010 10:29 PM
    one more question:

with 2.2 setCPU will natively not recognize root access. so you have to go to your SetCPU app atuo-detect then allow root access. It will fail. then go to the superuser app in the drawer and manually give root access to the setcpu.apk
    06-05-2010 11:29 PM
    Anyone else experiencing these issues? SetCPU and shootme are not detecting root and skype force closes when trying to login.
    after opening these apps and root access failing. You then go to the superuser.apk in the app drawer and manually give those apps root access.
    06-05-2010 11:31 PM
    Can't seen to get the chrome app working either its cool will probably be working soon I'm loving 2.2. This jit compiler has it smooth even at stock clock speeds
    I doubt the chrome to phone extension will function at this state because this is a test build that likely isn't in the chrome-to-phone acceptable build list. So we'll likely have to wait for the AOSP to release. But i agree with how cool this will be. This is possibly one of my favorite features with 2.2
    06-05-2010 11:36 PM
    Hey guys, I've tried installing 2.2 using Clockworkmod Recovery a few times, and I keep getting the same error message when trying to flash:

"No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext.
    E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblkOp2
    (No such file or directory)
    Can't mount /sd-ext/!"

I flashed a number of ROMs and have never run into this message. Anyone know the fix?
    06-06-2010 12:28 AM
    I got that too but reboot and its running fine
    06-06-2010 12:35 AM
    Hmmm, I try that and it just gets stuck in the boot cycle. I'll give it one more shot and call it a night
    06-06-2010 12:41 AM
    Good luck dunno what that means but didn't affect me none :-(
    06-06-2010 12:42 AM
    It finally worked! It was stuck on the DROID-eye boot animation for like 5 minutes, but it worked.
    06-06-2010 12:46 AM
    yeah first boot for me took forever but now its fast, according to the tests its fastest rom i have ever run.
    06-06-2010 01:43 AM
    Yeah, ran this for about 30 minutes, went back to Bugless Beast. I'm really glad this isn't the final product. Sure, somethings are faster, but what about the basics, you know like flipping through home screens the Beast with LaucherPro is faster that 2.2 stock.
    06-06-2010 06:47 AM
    After working for a few hours on it last night I've decided to go back to Cyanogen- Too many problems at this point-really need to be able to use home and search buttons
    06-06-2010 10:00 AM
    im having very few problems with 2.2 that i can see. the only thing that im having a problem with is i cant auto sync my google voice account. Everything was going super slow in the beginning, but after a few hours, its going faster then anything i ever used. all four buttons on the bottom work just fine for me.
    06-06-2010 10:07 AM
    i dont think im going back to 2.1 haha. this thing is amazingly smooth and works almost flawlessly. the keyword is "almost" because i cant get google maps to install for whatever reason. im going to do some research and try to figure out why. anybody else experiencing this?

im really looking forward to jakes new kernels. my temps are currently on average 36-38 C but from using Jakes kernels in the past, i have a feeling i get them back down to the low 30's
    06-06-2010 10:25 AM
144 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD