2.2 working on Droid

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't get the market to open after installing the over clocking rom

try rebooting into recovery and wiping cache. that seems to be the answer whenever you might have an issue while rooting. that or try a different kernel.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i have clockwork recovery. What do you mean "when you select your zip." Sorry im somewhat new at this

after you download the kernel and it's on your sd card you reboot into clockwork recovery. from there just go to install zip from sd card. and you can select the kernel zip file. if you placed it in a folder (ex. downloads folder) just go to that folder and when the indicator (the selection box) is right on it then you select it. that folder will open and then select the kernel file and install it.

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
one more question:

I have download the new kernal and i guess it worked because my WiFi is working. My problem is SetCPU is not working properly. It wont let me change the speeds, change profiles, or go to advanced settings....and suggestions

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
RomManager app w/clockwork recovery is prob the most user friendly setup for experimenting and changing roms & themes - root, backup apps w/titanium backup, rommanager, (bugless beast or cyanogen roms) - wiping is good when changing roms to avoid lil probs and hangups. When updating just a new version, no wipe necessary (unless a new sdk). If installing dif kernels or w/e type of update.zip file, either place on the root of the sd card with a file manager or navigate to the update.zip thru clockworks file manager...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
not perfect but really cool :) tried out a few flash sites and worked more or less. still need to dig around, but very cool. install process was cake if you're already rooted

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
one more question:

I have download the new kernal and i guess it worked because my WiFi is working. My problem is SetCPU is not working properly. It wont let me change the speeds, change profiles, or go to advanced settings....and suggestions

i know this is a dumb question and i am sorry for asking, but you never know. did you select auto-detect?

if you did and it still isn't working then try 2 things. 1) uninstall setcpu and reinstall it and see if it works. if that doesn't work, 2) try another kernel.

sometimes if all else fails, if you wipe your device and reinstall the rom, it can make a world of difference.

F

fearmychickens

Threw on launcher pro too just cause and now its even that much faster.

How did you get Launcher Pro on it? I'm trying to download Launcher Pro beta and every time I install it, it never shows up on my Droid. Is it 2.2 compatible?

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
new problem- buttons aren't working. Specifically, search and home. Going to try a new kernel. Also, can't get chrome to phone working.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
new problem- buttons aren't working. Specifically, search and home. Going to try a new kernel. Also, can't get chrome to phone working.

Can't seen to get the chrome app working either its cool will probably be working soon I'm loving 2.2. This jit compiler has it smooth even at stock clock speeds

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
one more question:

with 2.2 setCPU will natively not recognize root access. so you have to go to your SetCPU app atuo-detect then allow root access. It will fail. then go to the superuser app in the drawer and manually give root access to the setcpu.apk

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Can't seen to get the chrome app working either its cool will probably be working soon I'm loving 2.2. This jit compiler has it smooth even at stock clock speeds

I doubt the chrome to phone extension will function at this state because this is a test build that likely isn't in the chrome-to-phone acceptable build list. So we'll likely have to wait for the AOSP to release. But i agree with how cool this will be. This is possibly one of my favorite features with 2.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay