Hello,

I'm currently rooted running Bugless Beast 1.0 (1.1 gave me battery issues, had to revert to 1.0), and my Droid has been slowing down lately a lot. It's slow specifically in Handcent and other applications that require a lot of data processing.

I don't really know what to do from here. I was considering doing a nandroid backup and flashing to the rooted stock image while wiping the data and cache, but I really don't want to lose all of my text messaging and handcent and other app setups.

Any advice?
    06-07-2010 04:59 PM
    Honestly, I was in your same boat (sort of). BB 1.1 sent me through bootloops, so I went back to 1.0.... Then it started restarting whenever I got texts messages and progressed from there.

I went to Cyanogen, and it was a little sluggish. Then I downloaded Launcher Pro Beta from the market, its blazing fast.

Zero complaints from me as of now.
    06-07-2010 06:17 PM
    Honestly, I was in your same boat (sort of). BB 1.1 sent me through bootloops, so I went back to 1.0.... Then it started restarting whenever I got texts messages and progressed from there.

I went to Cyanogen, and it was a little sluggish. Then I downloaded Launcher Pro Beta from the market, its blazing fast.

Zero complaints from me as of now.
    I'm already on LPB. It's not a "little" sluggish, it lags up to 5 or 10 seconds sometimes, and the screen becomes unresponsive entirely.
    06-07-2010 07:35 PM
    What kernel are you running? Im using the Bekit 5 slot LV 1.0ghz. I am using the Overclock Widget, keeping it between 250-800.
    06-07-2010 11:42 PM
    What kernel are you running? Im using the Bekit 5 slot LV 1.0ghz. I am using the Overclock Widget, keeping it between 250-800.
    Same, except using the 750 kernel or whatever it is.
    06-08-2010 12:32 AM
    This has happened to me before, not as bad as 5-10 seconds but when I deleted my sms threads the speed returned. Granted I probably had at leas 20 conversations and some with 200 messages.

Also re-flashing the rom might help.
    06-08-2010 12:56 AM
    take miagi's advice, thread counts do play an impact on performance. thats why the stock messaging.apk clears them for you. but a few more suggestions are to:
    1) limit your homescreen widgets
    2) decrease number of homescreens
    3) make sure widgets and icons aren't set in more than one launcher (home, launcher, launcherpro beta, helix, ADW....)
    4) setCPU to no battery saving bias = 0
    5) maybe overclock to 1GHz and set profiles. You likely wont see a huge battery life difference.
    6) re-flash BB v1.1 because it is more optimized than v1.0
    **note** Pete is working on a FROYO BB as we speak. so you may only have to deal with v1.1 for a little while before BBv1.2 roles out.
    06-08-2010 01:59 AM
    Hard to decrease homescreens BB is set to 9 and u can't change unless u use seperate launcher
    06-08-2010 03:38 PM
    Really? never noticed that, I always used a launcher I guess.

cory has good advice, in my readings it seems some phones are more affected by certain things such as message count or widget count then others
    06-10-2010 02:02 AM
    I have 2 threads of text messages, and LauncherPro is the only launcher installed other than BB's default (which I've never used). The lag has gotten so bad lately, that I'll single tap on the screen, the phone will lag, and will think it's a long touch, and give me the long touch options menu.

What gives?
    06-10-2010 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD