launcherPro lag?

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm running BB v0.1 overclocked to 1ghz and i love the new launcherpro but i am having issues if i use 5 or more screens. i will be doing things like browsing the internet and hit home key and it takes like 5 seconds to bring up the icons and widgets onto the screen. is anyone else having this issue? i have moved back down to 3 screens and it seems to have gone away but miss my 5 screens.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
@ 800mhz, I do not have any lag. I am using the most recent version of LP. You might consider using less widgets or figuring out which one might be the cause.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Mine does that occasionally too. It did it on BuglessBeast 1.0 (Android 2.1) with Home ++ also though, so I think it's something in the phone itself rather than the OS or ROM.

I'm currently on Froyo 2.2 (FR57) and Launcher Pro Beta, and it still does it occasionally. Not sure what the cause is, but it's annoying.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I think it has to do with the launcher not being in the memory, you don't use it so Android closes it. Plus, BB has a little more aggressive way of handling tasks.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I switched up to Chevyno1's froyo Tom and haven't noticed the lag yet. Would using spare parts and hitting keep launcher in memory solve this?

Croak

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had to revert back to 0.4.4, 0.5.1 was doing all kinds of weird things, and made SetCPU think it was in Sleep mode at all times.

0.4.4 still works great, you just give up the 3d app drawer (which didn't look that good anyway).