gracefulminutes

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I went into the rabbit hole and decided to root. I followed DroidLife's step-by-step, and my phone works and whatnot. My issue is that when I get to DMUpdater, it states the following:

"Looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given DM Updater access yet. You **must** check the remember box!"

...yet no "Remember" box showed up at all.

Also, I installed ROM Manager, and besides the first 2 options for ClockWorkMod, everything's greyed out.

Titanium Backup doesn't even think I'm rooted, yet my ninja sits in the app drawer.

To top it off, DroidRootHelper doesn't even get supported anymore. Dead ends much?!

I know something went wrong, I just don't know what. I've searched the forums and YouTube for answers, and alas, nothing.

:confused:

Sorry for the laundry list. I hope you can help!
Thanks in advanced, y'all.

KG

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure bout the rest but rom manager you have to click flash clockwork recovery at the top it will pop up saying Motorola Droid cdma hit that then it will ask for root access hit allow and you should be set. From my knowledge as long as ninja is there your rooted.

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I would get a terminal app from the market and then type in su that way you know for sure if you have root it will tell you granted or denied when you put in su.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Download a rom file onto your computer and then place it on the root of your sd card. Reboot into recovery manually and wipe cache and data. Then install the rom and reboot. See if that works. Goodluck.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
did you install Pete's deodexed 2.1 rom with super user privileges or did you just flash SPRecovery with RSDlite. if you just flashed SPRecovery and didn't install the rom that is listed on their site then you need to do that in order to have super user privileges.